Saving the Lady Vols

These next 5-6 games are critical to the LV possibly getting to the tourney. They drop 5 or all 6 they are 12-13. 6 games left. Probably not enough left to get in. Lose any more after that they are done and if Holly hasn’t resigned before then Phil won’t have a choice but to cut her loose once the season is over...

Why does the program have to burn to the ground to make a change?
So the OOC schedule hid the lack of depth and coaching ability the LV had and once league play started they can’t win anything??? Imagine what could have been if this had been a 6 game win streak instead of 6 losses...18-1 and possibly #1 in ladies basketball but instead they are 12-7 and in ranked.... sad.....

Well anyone who wants to back off of what has been a terrible coaching job getting worse year after year now needs to know where we stand. Holly has just tied a record that dates back to 1970 when one of the first Lady Vol teams went 0 and 6. There has not been another losing streak in Lady Vol history that matched that one and the present one. For the first time in history we are in danger of not making the NCAA Tourney. The Lady Vols have never missed the NCAA tourney since it was originated. If we don't make it this season will be the first time ever another first for Holly Warlick.
What we have to do to prevent that seems like something that is going to be very difficult for this team to accomplish.
I think we need 8 wins and definitely seven of the last 10 games. If we don't do that then winning the SEC tournament would be the only option and that seems really impossible for this team. So next LSU at home followed by Florida both have to be must wins. A loss in either of these games will just about squash the NCAA tourney hopes because home losses are far more damaging than road losses especially to low rated teams. We already have our share of those can't afford anymore.

How we could still make it:

LSU win
Florida win
at Vanderbilt win
at Mississippi State loss
Auburn win
at Missouri win
at Texas A&M win
vs South Carolina win
vs Vandy win
at Ole Miss win

That would be a 9 and 1 finish and definitely make the tourney. Lose one other game 8 and 2 probably in the tourney. Lose three more 7 and 3 borderline at best. Anything other that 7 and 3 would be no chance other than SEC tourney Championship or at least make the final. No doubt we'll be a low seed playing on the road somewhere. Regardless Holly now has all the negative records except this one not making the tourney will give her all of them.

Keep dreaming.. I pray that Holly loose it all. If that would get their attention to fire her I'm in.

Loose means not firmly or tightly fixed in place; as in The handle on the door is loose and needs to be tightened.

LOSE (with one O) is the word you want.

Whether u catch a bus or fly to London, wat matter's is u get to London. It's dosen't matter how u get there. So, 2 zeros or one zero, point is she loose it all, or lose it all okk. Sound like Holly fan

Whether u catch a bus or fly to London, wat matter's is u get to London. It's dosen't matter how u get there. So, 2 zeros or one zero, point is she loose it all, or lose it all okk. Sound like Holly fan

????? You must see Holly fans lurking the shadows everywhere you go. BOOO! But if you believe that bad grammar and misspelled words will protect you from the hordes of brain-eating Holly fans who are stalking you, well whatever lets you sleep.

One small detail, if you are departing from North or South American, that bus to London might not work out so well.

Last edited:
I don't put much stock in that rumor because too many contingencies are in play.

For example, if the seemingly unlikely happens, and the LVs have a big turnaround, notching wins over MissST and SC and make into the SEC championship game, that momentum would indeed probably carry Holly through if the don't make the sweet 16 (i.e. we will really get em next year!).

If the LVs barely make it to the NCAA tournament, with say 16 to 17 wins and no big upsets (compounded by an early round exit), I think there would be too much negativity around the program for Holly to continue.
I think she'll be back if she makes the tourney regardless. Creme says a lot of work has to be done to make the tourney. Were not beating Miss St SC maybe. I think if we lose either of the upcoming home game were in huge trouble.

????? You must see Holly fans lurking the shadows everywhere you go. BOOO! But if believe that bad grammar and misspelled words will protect you from the hordes of brain-eating Holly fans who are stalking you, well whatever lets you sleep.

One small detail, if you are departing from North or South American, that bus to London might not work out so well.

Beaches don't go to London.. Sorry Holly Is out. Now go back in ur kitchen and cook ur pppp

????? You must see Holly fans lurking the shadows everywhere you go. BOOO! But if believe that bad grammar and misspelled words will protect you from the hordes of brain-eating Holly fans who are stalking you, well whatever lets you sleep.

Holly fan. How old are u 99. We use tiny cell to type comments ok while ur rinkle ugly ass will continue to shrink.. Holly Is that uuuu? Holly u busy taping the girl on their butt instead of coach..and this bitch is worried bout my grammar instead of Holly. Kiss my Aaa & my Puu

Becky Hammon not coming. She will be the first nba women’s coach in the next 5 years.

Right?! Nice to see the ladies getting their foot in the door with these NBA teams and for the organization for welcoming that.
I think she interviewed for the Bucks HC position before.

Holly fan. How old are u 99. We use tiny cell to type comments ok while ur rinkle ugly ass will continue to shrink.. Holly Is that uuuu? Holly u busy taping the girl on their butt instead of coach..and this bitch is worried bout my grammar instead of Holly. Kiss my Aaa & my Puu
Oh,

Oh, I am talking to a child. Really, I am sorry. I want engage with you any more. {I am on a galaxy S9 by the way, great phone. YOU should ask your mom or dad for one.

Becky Hammon has been my pick for a long time and may not be too long a shot-- she wants a HC job in the NBA but that's tough- don't forget Florida made an offer and she considered it-- not enough $$$$- UT offer big 6 figures and control- she will bring immediate results- watch how she coaches up the guys on the Spurs- imagine what she would do with LV-- she was great college and pro player and now a great coach-- Im telling ya - push the name

Attachments

Attachments

• B hammon.jpg
    B hammon.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Hammon 2.jpg
    Hammon 2.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 0
Becky Hammon has been my pick for a long time and may not be too long a shot-- she wants a HC job in the NBA but that's tough- don't forget Florida made an offer and she considered it-- not enough $$$$- UT offer big 6 figures and control- she will bring immediate results- watch how she coaches up the guys on the Spurs- imagine what she would do with LV-- she was great college and pro player and now a great coach in THE NBA!!-- Im telling ya - push the name

Attachments

I could see the flaws in this team as they went through the pre-season opponents. No true post presence. A lot of the same type player and a very ineffective perimeter and three point shooting team. I think we've recruited well, but to many of the same type athletes. Post players without any length both KK and Green are stubby players with not much wingspan. If Holly gets to come back I am finding it difficult that she can even fail with the two big centers with the length and span they have coming in and a go getter like Horston who will be the best player we have recruited since Candace. All the other players a year older and better makes it look like we'll be in the top spot along with SC vying for the SEC title. Of course we've seen that all go down in flames before so stay tuned to see what happens.

I hope Jolly can return the ladiies to the top. Good luck and take off the kid gloves to teach our team how to play like a Lady Vol squad.

VN Store

Back