Sark to the Elephants

I was talking about the spread offense in general.................after all Jones recruited spread type talent....example smaller linemen etc. In other words to run a pro type offense you need large, big powerful linemen with big fullbacks..................we have neither at this time. I like a wide open, throw the ball, rather than a run run and three yards and a cloud of dust. Chaney likes to run off tackle every other play and with small linemen it is just like running into a brick wall. We haven't had big powerful o linemen in many years. I am totally disappointed with the hire and don't care who knows it. It is very obvious to me why we cannot recruit big time 5 star running backs because they do not like running into a brick wall all the time. We are not capable/nor haven't been in years of opening holes for them to run. The spread offense, if ran properly, opens lanes on its own without depending on big powerful linemen that we do not have. Simple as that.

Sounds like you might be more disappointed with the Pruitt hire than the Chaney hire. CJP has an idea of what kind team he wants and what kind of offense and defense he wants. He is starting to surround himself with players and coaches that support that idea.

Reactions: mtowntim
Well good "Hes a damn alcoholic and he sucked in the NC game at Bama...that's why they fired him, and he been stankin it up in Atalanta too."

Well good "Hes a damn alcoholic and he sucked in the NC game at Bama...that's why they fired him, and he been stankin it up in Atalanta too."
Behr, please come home. Souce is lost without you. Don't be a Dan.

Didn't want because he lost the NC game. Oh wait, so did Chaney. :)
Oh, I see. So the head coach, the defense, the DC, nor the QB lost that game....the OC did.
And I suspect if any of the other guys were in your crosshairs, it would’ve actually been their “loss” and not the OC. I understand how this works.

No. He was so stuck on his egotistical "scheme" that he tried to force round pegs into square holes. He promised Hurd a fullback in front of him and lost several top QBs because he wanted "athleticism" instead of great QBs. His recruiting and stubborn attitude pushed UT downhill.
Correct. And after he was gone, what was left for Pruitt was a woefully undertalented, physically small and weak roster stewing in a broken, toxic culture. Helluva job by Lyle...helluva job.

Reactions: mtowntim
What's funny is when the story broke, I immediately got a notification from my Yahoo sports app. When we hired Chaney, not a peep from the same app LOL. It's like everytime Alabama farts, the media is right there to sniff the bouquet.

Oh, I see. So the head coach, the defense, the DC, nor the QB lost that game....the OC did.
And I suspect if any of the other guys were in your crosshairs, it would’ve actually been their “loss” and not the OC. I understand how this works.

My statement was a joke and so ridiculous that I didn't think I need to use blue font, but I guess I was wrong. 😀

Given that his other option was a massive rebuilding project as the "OC-In-Name-Only" for the Arizona Cardinals, I'd say it makes a lot more sense to take the Bama job career-wise.

Now I'm curious if we tried to hire Sark. The timing with Enos going to Miami and Sark being on the market makes me think Saban tried to poach him pretty quickly after he became available. Probably planned on promoting Enos and then shifted course when he realized he could hire Sark.

That is exactly what I was thinking as well. Saban saw the chance to trade up and took it.

VN Store

Back