Sara Puckett's interview after VT game. Wow!

USF beat Stanford and lost too UT-Arlington the next day…it happens
There are numerous upsets Florida Gulf Coast over LSU by 16 on their home floor. UC Davis over Oregon by 7, Kent State over UCLA, and the near misses have been numerous for a lot of the top teams. We'll see some more upsets before the season is over. Liberty winning over Va Tech doesn't affect us in any way since we won against them also. Va Tech is going to win against some ACC teams on their home floor this season. I watched part of that game last night Va Tech looked tired totally drained of energy guess Tennessee game took it all out of them. Then the quick turnaround playing at Liberty were not making those threes in this game.

because we exposed took the life out of them

Yeah that fourth quarter run was demoralizing for VaTech. Old school Lady Vol like.

Liberty was a tough team. They play annually I believe so they are familiar with one another. I watched that entire game aside from the 3rd quarter. It seemed to me there was no love lost between VATech transfer Lytle and her former team. Liberty seemed to really want to beat them and had way more energy throughout.

Won’t be surprised to see Liberty win their conference and make the tournament. They have size and pretty good guard play. Very good defensive energy and they are scrappy. Their bigs gave Kitley a hard time again, not like Tamari, but it’s obvious they watched our game. They were really physical with her and she does not like that. Offensively she wants to be a finesse player.

There are numerous upsets Florida Gulf Coast over LSU by 16 on their home floor. UC Davis over Oregon by 7, Kent State over UCLA, and the near misses have been numerous for a lot of the top teams. We'll see some more upsets before the season is over. Liberty winning over Va Tech doesn't affect us in any way since we won against them also. Va Tech is going to win against some ACC teams on their home floor this season. I watched part of that game last night Va Tech looked tired totally drained of energy guess Tennessee game took it all out of them. Then the quick turnaround playing at Liberty were not making those threes in this game.

Three games before Va. tech played us their leading three point player (Shepard) she had scored 16 points ! ….. IN THREE GAMES (16) points ! In our game she made 13 points of their total 16 points in the FIRST quarter ! And 30 total for the game !!!! If, If, If, she played us like she (Shepard) played the three games before us ? Va. Tech. Would have been blown out without Shepard scoring 30 ….. Just saying

PS. Shepard scored 17 in their last game that they lost ! In the fourth quarter they did not score for 7.5 minutes of a 10 minute quarter . They scored 6 points in first quarter and 8 in the last ! “Here’s your sign!”

Last edited:
Three games before Va. tech played us their leading three point player (Shepard) she had scored 16 points ! ….. IN THREE GAMES (16) points ! In our game she made 13 points of their total 16 points in the FIRST quarter ! And 30 total for the game !!!! If, If, If, she played us like she (Shepard) played the three games before us ? Va. Tech. Would have been blown out without Shepard scoring 30 ….. Just saying
O
PS. Shepard scored 17 in their last game that they lost ! In the fourth quarter they did not score for 7.5 minutes of a 10 minute quarter . They scored 6 points in first quarter and 8 in the last ! “Here’s your sign!”

Sometimes players are fortunate enough to have a magical game where everything goes right right for them. Except for her team ultimately losing, Sheppard definitely had a magical game against us. Fortunately for us, the fact that Key shut down their top scorer and dominated the paint probably worked on their confidence down the stretch.

I believe Tamari was talking about Karoline Striplin, but the point still applies to Puckett, too.

The 2021 freshman class of Wynn, Striplin, Miles, and Puckett are going to be very solid contributors.
I too believe Class of 2021 will be solid contributors and foundational to the future success of the program. Indeed, Brooklynn and Sara already are solid contributors. Karoline and Kaiya just need additional minutes to get into a groove.

I too believe Class of 2021 will be solid contributors and foundational to the future success of the program. Indeed, Brooklynn and Sara already are solid contributors. Karoline and Kaiya just need additional minutes to get into a groove.

Amen!

Reactions: chuckiepoo
For her size I think she is plenty quick. We need to compare her to forwards not little quick Miles type guards.

Agreed!! Sarah has no problem with her speed. Sarah doesn’t look all that fast because she is built. If you really look at her she has the frame and strength similar to Bashaara Graves but Sarah has a much more complete offensive package and a pure shot.

Idk where posters are coming up with that. She doesn’t have any trouble keeping players in front on D. She rotates with time to spare and I’ve yet to see her get beat down the floor by her defender. She’s often the first offensive player down the court and posts up which either gets her a bucket or creates a pseudo-screen for our guards. Her BBall IQ makes everyone better when she’s on the court.

Within two seasons under this staff she’ll be a double double player. Her rebounds aren’t really high right now because we have 3 other players who are pounding the glass relentlessly.

VN Store

Back