Sankey sends letter to NCAA on behalf of UT

I don't know why "Screw Sankey" when he's trying to help us in this instance.

On top of that, what you are describing is basically pleading not guilty right after you give a multi-page signed and notarized confession to the police. Sounds great but it's pure nonsense.
I think the situation looks more like "here's the documentation that something was done, but none of us were involved, so go punish the guilty and leave us alone"

Too bad Sankey didn't place the stamp on his forehead and mail himself to never-never land!

I agree that the NCAA is a bloated bureaucratic organization and overall is feckless . . . LSU, UNC, Kansas, etc. have been implicated in "serious" NCAA violations yet nothing has happened. It will me more like years before UT finds out what the "punishment" is, just like OM (as stated above) waited about six years to find out their fate.

But I digress . . . it is the member institutions that operate and validate the NCAA and their ever expanding rules. The "doctor" is the "pharmacist" and "patient" all rolled into one.

GBO

Well if they wait 5 or 6 years they may as well not even worry about it, no way a big penalty will come down 6 years later by the NCAA with the way rules are changing now. GBO!!!!!

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Sankey has never, will never, and is not trying to help us. If he wanted to help us, he would advocate the NCAA walking away in light of the NIL changes. Hell, 2 aTm players got $10K each for an "interview". And we are going to NCAA jail for simple booster payments?? Laughable.

As for the second part of your post, the rules have changed in a quantum way since January. This isn't a criminal matter. It's an NCAA compliance issue. NCAA compliance is bleeding out, and the last thing they want is to enforce any of the prior rules right now.

Don't worry. Hand wringing will win the day, we will self-impose substantial penalties, and we will go down as the very last program that ever faced NCAA sanctions.

In other words....another exciting edition of "That's So Tennessee!!"
Some rules have changed, not all of them. Tennessee is accused of having coaches paying players. That’s still against ncaa rules regardless of the new NIL.

Some rules have changed, not all of them. Tennessee is accused of having coaches paying players. That’s still against ncaa rules regardless of the new NIL.
This is going to get real weird! Can you imagine, coaches will now be giving boosters money to funnel to players.

Too bad Sankey didn't place the stamp on his forehead and mail himself to never-never land!

I agree that the NCAA is a bloated bureaucratic organization and overall is feckless . . . LSU, UNC, Kansas, etc. have been implicated in "serious" NCAA violations yet nothing has happened. It will me more like years before UT finds out what the "punishment" is, just like OM (as stated above) waited about six years to find out their fate.

But I digress . . . it is the member institutions that operate and validate the NCAA and their ever expanding rules. The "doctor" is the "pharmacist" and "patient" all rolled into one.

GBO

So who would the SEC turn to if the Big 10 and ACC suddenly said, "Screw it. Your ACT score is 7? You're good. Your GPA is 0.8? You're good. No more academic or recruiting barriers...... our schools can recruit whomever and as many as they want. Pay them? No problem. Just win .... that's the only rule from now on."

But sure...... let the SEC govern itself. 🙄
Except for MSU, every SEC school is actually ranked in the top 200 universities (MSU #206). 5 of the 14 are top 100 schools and 3 are even top 50.

Academically, SEC can hold its own despite some people’s perceptions. I can go deeper, SEC has some of the best business, journalism, engineer, etc schools in the country.

The attorneys are in no hurry as long as they are on the payroll. They will defend us until our last dime is gone. They need to dump or get off the pot ..............................JMO !!!!!!

Players advetising for Mickey Dee's should hold no punishment,but Pruitt should be executed at midfield at homecoming!UT-cafego38.jpg

Complete BS. Screw Sankey. He is nothing more than Bama's adjunct marketing director anyway.

I'm with Tony Basilio on this one. Stop the investigation, dismiss the attorneys, and announce you're moving forward. No reductions. No bowl ban. Absolutely nothing.

Give Slingblade a mil or 2 to make his ignorant posterior go away completely, and call it a day.

It's what the Gumps would do.

look here brother, the only thing the ncaa is doing is making sure it doesn't go broke while the wolves feed off it. It no longer exists, and Sankey is in charge. He is the only one left standing. The conferences make their own rules now.

edit, stupid ass phone.

I don't know why "Screw Sankey" when he's trying to help us in this instance.

On top of that, what you are describing is basically pleading not guilty right after you give a multi-page signed and notarized confession to the police. Sounds great but it's pure nonsense.

I dont know if Sankey is trying to help. Sankey is basically saying "hurry up and convict these guys and give them a ban before all your power is gone".

Sankey could have said "The SEC no longer adheres to the NCAA rules on recruitment of players, peace out"

Reactions: Bigorangedan23
Except for MSU, every SEC school is actually ranked in the top 200 universities (MSU #206). 5 of the 14 are top 100 schools and 3 are even top 50.

Academically, SEC can hold its own despite some people’s perceptions. I can go deeper, SEC has some of the best business, journalism, engineer, etc schools in the country.
Whoosh..... as the point goes right past you.

Your claim of "let the SEC rule itself" would mean ANY of the conferences could "rule themselves" and lower academic standards, rules about paying athletes, number of scholarships available, etc for athletes.

The NCAA, for all it isn't, remains the link for the conferences to stay somewhat level concerning athletic rules and requirements.

Complete BS. Screw Sankey. He is nothing more than Bama's adjunct marketing director anyway.

I'm with Tony Basilio on this one. Stop the investigation, dismiss the attorneys, and announce you're moving forward. No reductions. No bowl ban. Absolutely nothing.

Give Slingblade a mil or 2 to make his ignorant posterior go away completely, and call it a day.

It's what the Gumps would do.
I hear the hammer . BOOM!!!!

Normally I would agree, but UT did cancel $15-20m worth of contracts off the unlawful and unenforceable rules they themselves conspired in creating. IF they admit it too much, well, all those coaches are going to use that... anti-trust and self-dealing come to mind, on top of the breach of contract.

I would throw something out there meaningless or close to it, tell the NCAA that the matter is concluded.

The ability of the NCAA to enforce restricting compensation to players just doesn't exist anymore. <------ I would move on if I was UT and not even wait for the NCAA.
The laws/ rules are not grandfathered.

Man if only our money bags were made of that premium Alabama or UGA Glad Lock see through plastic….filled with that Alabama/UGA premium cryptocurrency…it pays for Grade A 5* players and no one ever sees it.

1626738648748.gif

If a manager gets caught embezzling then they get fired and often whoever have had oversight of the manager gets fired. That's what UT did. Most if not all of the players involved are gone. If UT is going to tell the NCAA to "pound sand" then they should accept no punishment.
Just NCAA President Mark Emmert and punk a$$ Sanky….
1626741650431.gif

Reactions: sjt18
UT was not mentioned by name but he sent a letter to the NCAA saying those accused of violations should have a Fair, and heard in a Timely Manner. He mentioned it needs to be fair and quicker for the student athletes affected.

60 Minutes is currently researching. This would be huge.

VN Store

Back