Saniya Rivers' quote

What am I missing here - The player that no longer wanted to play for UConn and wants to beat UConn has them listed as one of her 12 teams. To my knowledge UConn has shown no interest. I think Auriemma is in a full court press after a different 2021 guard.

Coach J - When's the last time you looked at Tennessee attendance numbers. While they were up a bit last year (new coach???) they are still significantly below 10,000. The only team in WCBB pulling 10K is SC.
She made the quote in June 2019. In July she posted the 12 schools. This is 10 months later and she has been relatively quiet. So it's questionable how accurate the list is today. UConn is in the hunt. She has an offer and a lot of talk on the BY. I'm assuming she is one of the ones waiting for Azzi. She's quality through and through and where ever she goes she is going to be great.

UConn fans in general believes that other recruits are waiting for their recruits to announce that they are going to UConn before they make their own decisions. They said the thing about Olivia Miles about she was waiting on Fudd to make her choice.

UConn fans in general believes that other recruits are waiting for their recruits to announce that they are going to UConn before they make their own decisions. They said the thing about Olivia Miles about she was waiting on Fudd to make her choice.
It's not UConn recruits, it's top ranked recruits. I only mentioned UConn because the post I was replying to stated that UConn had no interest. There was never much thought that Miles would come to UConn once Paige and Nika Muhl committed. Miles may have been waiting to see where Paige went seeing as how they are both points, but Fudd is a shooting guard with a decent handle. So Miles wasn't waiting for her. I think I'm the only one pushing the idea that players are waiting for Fudd. Just because it seems likely for me.

Reactions: mcannon1
I expected her to choose South Carolina, and I imagine she’s relieved and proud to now be able to publicly be known as a Gamecock.

Speaking of Gamecock, is that the most tragic nickname for a team of young women, or what? lol

lol lmaooooo

A special shout-out and “thank you” to Striplin, Wynn, and Puckett who spared us a torturous social media circus (like we’ve seen in some) and just went about their discernment with poise and maturity and announced and moved on.

I did the same thing just now on twitter...thanks for the idea

Reactions: LadyOrange
I expected her to choose South Carolina, and I imagine she’s relieved and proud to now be able to publicly be known as a Gamecock.

Speaking of Gamecock, is that the most tragic nickname for a team of young women, or what? lol
only slighty worse than "huskies"

Reactions: Bret178
Just call her cock for short....
cock-on3.jpg

I’d be careful about putting kids down for their “torturous social media circus” announcement displays. These are still kids, and they’re just having fun in a way that is the norm for a heckuva lot of people these days. Whether or not some kids go that route or not says absolutely nothing about the quality of those kids. Just some people are naturally quieter, more laid back people. Doesn’t make them any better kids than, say, Candace Parker was when she started the trend for girls.

My 14 year old granddaughter was FaceTiming with my wife and said she was thinking about going to SC for college. I mentioned the nickname and they both got a good laugh. My 12 year old granddaughter asked why that was so funny. My son explained that cock is slang for penis. The 14 year old said “oh, I thought it meant vagina”.

I couldn’t stop laughing.

I’d be careful about putting kids down for their “torturous social media circus” announcement displays. These are still kids, and they’re just having fun in a way that is the norm for a heckuva lot of people these days. Whether or not some kids go that route or not says absolutely nothing about the quality of those kids. Just some people are naturally quieter, more laid back people. Doesn’t make them any better kids than, say, Candace Parker was when she started the trend for girls.

I suggest that you reread that post. It is actually putting 3 kids “up“ for their approach.

It‘s too bad that some people like you try to put a negative spin on other people’s opinions.

For you to twist that post into an attack on ”the quality of those kids” says more about your negativity in an attempt just to pick a fight.

A special shout-out and “thank you” to Striplin, Wynn, and Puckett who spared us a torturous social media circus (like we’ve seen in some) and just went about their discernment with poise and maturity and announced and moved on.
Agree. Yes I'm an old fuddy duddy, yes self-agrandizment on social media is mega popular. And they are young and full of their elite player glory. But Jeeze, how about one drop of humility? How about at least doing it with a little class? Ya'll see that one player with a dang count down clock to her final 6, which is just the prelude to the actual announcement! Which will be available on pay per view no doubt.

Anyone see the Black Mirror episode Nosedive where every life decision is based on potential number of stars and likes? It comes to mind.

Whether or not some kids go that route or not says absolutely nothing about the quality of those kids.
Nothing said here says anything about the quality of any kids. Because it's not personal ever.

Putbacks, your post very directly implies that our commits somehow used better discernment, poise and maturity because their announcements were quieter than some others’ announcements have been. I’m not sure how you can try to claim that you weren’t suggesting that our girls were somehow behaving in a better way.

I didn’t say you were putting OUR girls down. It’s the ones, like Rivers, who you were implying were not poised or mature.

You are making my post out to be an indictment on their character. I simply take exception to their showy, look-at-me approach in announcing their commitments. I was very purposeful to put a positive spin on our commitments‘ approaches while not calling out names of the other recruits.

For me to describe the displays as “a torturous media circus” is my allowable perception.

What you are trying to conjure out of it is twisted. It’s not there, not intended. Move on and cease your witch-hunt.

Why is it an issue ? Many of people have done it before and I think it allows these kids to ownership and tell their stories. I never understand why others are against kids having and expressing personality.

Why is it an issue ? Many of people have done it before and I think it allows these kids to ownership and tell their stories. I never understand why others are against kids having and expressing personality.

I’m not the one making it an “issue”. I simply glorified our recruits for their respective approaches.

You and lvocd and others need to simply post your approval for the alternative approaches without conjuring up false accusations in my posts.

I took the approach to commend our recruits for not going (what I perceive as) “over the top”.

Just glorify the method you choose. I did.

Putbacks, your post very directly implies that our commits somehow used better discernment, poise and maturity because their announcements were quieter than some others’ announcements have been. I’m not sure how you can try to claim that you weren’t suggesting that our girls were somehow behaving in a better way.

I didn’t say you were putting OUR girls down. It’s the ones, like Rivers, who you were implying were not poised or mature.

I see what you’re saying... but the crazy thing is Karoline Striplin had a WHOLE event for her to reveal her commitment LOL did people forget that? Im not saying that any of these reveals were wrong and I liked how each had their own style. One of the SC commits revealed on a 14 second tiktok video and the other kept her commitment silent until she revealed with a 1:01 video 😂 I don’t know what over the top may be but having a whole get together with multiple people might be one of those over the top things LOL.

For the record I have enjoyed the surprises of all the different commits.

VN Store

Back