Sad Stat on Florida Games

You were comparing coaches based on how many tries it took them to beat UF, as opposed to how many times they actually accomplished said feat. Beyond that, comparing coaches based on just one opponent rather than how they did against all opponents is textbook cherry-picking and gives your argument zero credibility.

This thread is about just one opponent! Did you read the thread title or the rest of the thread?

Before you call my post cherry picking, take your issue up with the OP. He initiated the comparison of coaches without the same number of attempts against a specific team. FLORIDA. Its not cherry picking if you establish a baseline and present the argument with common values. That's what I did. Four coaches, 1 team, compared wins and number of games. I explained my analysis and constants. However, that clearly doesn't fit with the intended message that you or the OP want to hear.

At this point you can only look at the each coach through 2 games against Florida If you consider a full record, you skew the data. One poster shared insight that I missed the Florida game that Fulmer coached in 92. I acknowledged that error.

No problem, I wasn’t trying to be a smart aleck, but a lot of people forget he won that year against Florida and beat them pretty bad.

I truly appreciated the correction. Out of curiosity, would he considered the head coach or just filling in while majors was out? When I looked at the record, I made the assumption that he took over during the last 4 games of the season.

I truly appreciated the correction. Out of curiosity, would he considered the head coach or just filling in while majors was out? When I looked at the record, I made the assumption that he took over during the last 4 games of the season.
They do include those 4 games in his record, so I tend to agree they should be included. While he was filling in those first 3 games, it was planned as Majors was out several weeks for surgery and Fulmer was in charge a while before the season started and during those 3 games. After Majors coached the last regular season game, Fulmer officially took over and was in charge of bowl prep as well as the game and From then on.

I wasn't making an argument. I was actually pointing out a flaw in the OP's post and making light of it. But since you seem to think I have an argument, I will make one using statistics and facts.

Dooley was 0-3. That's 3 losses in 3 tries.
Jones was 1-4. That's 4 losses in 5 tries. Jones didn't win until his 4th attempt.

Pruitt is 0-2 at this point. That's 2 losses in 2 tries.

He still has another year before your can compare his record of performance against either coach when considering the record against Florida. At this time and through next year, Pruitt can only be AS bad as the other two

Here's an example of statistics: In the years of Fulmer, he went 4-12 and didn't win his first game against Florida until his 6th game.
Based on your logic... Looking at the teams records, Fulmer is worse than Pruitt, Jones and Dooley. Ponder that for a moment.

Give him 5. He coached the team in 92.

VN Store

Back