Sacred Heart Transfer E.J. Anisoke ‘gets it’

iKrager

“E.J. is different. E.J. deep down inside has always been a Vol. And we wish we had a chance to have him for four years, but the fact is that he's come in with the mentality of this team's DNA and culture from day one.”

“That's as big as anything and is really important,” Schwartz said. “He plays that way, we love him for it, he's an extremely high energy and high motor player and he has been very impressive on the glass and that's what this team needs.

“He plays the game within our culture and he gets it."

Who is E.J. Anisoke?
Starting all 33 games last season at Sacred Heart, Anosike led his team to 20 wins with a double-double average — 15.7 points and 11.6 rebounds per game. He averaged 14.3 points and 8.1 rebounds per game as as sophomore, a year after coming off the bench to play 13.9 minutes per game as a freshman, scoring 4.2 points and grabbing 3.9 rebounds per game.

Read more: 'He gets it': Why E.J. Anosike isn't a normal transfer for Vols

Really excited to see this guy play. A high motor player who brings hard work and energy to our team. Great ✌🏼

If he plays as hard as his sister did for the Lady Vols, he will have a fantastic year!!

GBO - Lady Vols beat ETSU!!!

Is basketball a throw away year also and players does not lose any eligibility ?

Hanging on to Bailey for another year could be huge. It’s highly unlikely (nearly impossible) that JJJ, KJ, or JS will be around in 2 years.
True. Most of the focus has been on seniors staying one more year but if Bailey and some of the freshman we had to burn redshirts of stick around longer that would be great

Hanging on to Bailey for another year could be huge. It’s highly unlikely (nearly impossible) that JJJ, KJ, or JS will be around in 2 years.
Victor Bailey will have 2 years of eligibility after this season if he wants. He’s a rs Jr now, this season is a freebie, so he could stay through 2023 if he needs. Which would be crazy because he would be 24 at that point

Victor Bailey will have 2 years of eligibility after this season if he wants. He’s a rs Jr now, this season is a freebie, so he could stay through 2023 if he needs. Which would be crazy because he would be 24 at that point

Yup. I don’t expect to see JJJ, KJ, or JS be around for their Sr, Jr, and Jr years and Chandler could be one-and-done. It’s not even a given that Vescovi is here for a 4th year so getting a 3rd year from Bailey would keep things stable in 2 years.

Edit: Vescovi could have one more year beyond a 6th year for Bailey.

Last edited:
Actually, I think that the odds of Vescovi playing 4 years might be a bit better than Bailey sticking around for a 6th. But since Bailey’s dad was in the NFL there’s a real good chance that he won’t need to take off for overseas money.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
Actually, I think that the odds of Vescovi playing 4 years might be a bit better than Bailey sticking around for a 6th. But since Bailey’s dad was in the NFL there’s a real good chance that he won’t need to take off for overseas money.
SV was a mid season EE so last year’s 1/2 season left him with just 3 more till the free Rona year. I believe he’s the age of a typical freshman now? I see him staying at least 2 more after this year JMO.

SV was a mid season EE so last year’s 1/2 season left him with just 3 more till the free Rona year. I believe he’s the age of a typical freshman now? I see him staying at least 2 more after this year JMO.

Yes. Vescovi gets no special dispensation for last year. I think that one of the conditions for granting an extra season is that players can’t play any minutes in the last half of the season.

In 2 years SV would be a Jr, Bailey a Sr, and JJJ/KJ/JS as Jr/So/So but I don’t think that JJJ, KJ, or JS will be here. Chandler would be a true sophomore but probably will be gone as well. We need Bailey and Vescovi to anchor the back court and hopefully the CA recruit doesn’t entertain one-and-done. That would be a solid group of 3. Maybe Ticket hangs around as well instead of transferring somewhere for more PT.

Oh crap I messed up, it wasn't "gets it" it was "wants it".

I'm referring to an old Dooley thread/post in the FF back when he got that job that basically said that we had found "the guy" because Dooley "wants it".

Bennett’s das was in the NFL, yet he felt the need to start a side hustle.

Somewhat related, but I don't understand how some people get the idea of "oh, X player comes from a wealthy family, so X is in no hurry to play professionally."

Somewhat related, but I don't understand how some people get the idea of "oh, X player comes from a wealthy family, so X is in no hurry to play professionally."

It’s because of Peyton Manning. And he is the exception moreso than the rule.

Leaving with eligibility remaining used to be called the hardship rule. Players that could prove a financial need by the family could get an exception from the NBA to enter the draft. That is what Bernard King did in 1977.

Reactions: cardvolfan
Leaving with eligibility remaining used to be called the hardship rule. Players that could prove a financial need by the family could get an exception from the NBA to enter the draft. That is what Bernard King did in 1977.

Isiah and Magic both did this as well. Players leaving early really wasn’t a common thing till the early 90’s.

VN Store

Back