Sabotage?

And played for MTSU for part of his career.
Born in Bama, raised in Bama, played at Bama, coached at Bama. Those other stops not withstanding this guy bleeds crimson. All I am saying is that he should have never been hired in the first place. The resulting fallout is showing this to be true. Maybe there is no grand conspiracy to speak of but it certainly doesn't sit well with me.

We haven’t been competitive with them in years. I doubt they really care that much nor would they spend any time to deep state our program

A Bama lifer.... who had been DC at FSU and UGA.

You've got a point but he was never head coach at those institutions. Further, if you knew what he was like at Hoover, proudly displaying his Alabama garb with his Alabama friends and Alabama family the original post made some sense.

Reactions: WillyTvol
I've said from the day we hired this fool... We should never, EVER, hire a Alabama guy to run a Tennessee program of ANY kind. They simply cannot be trusted. Let me know when the next time Bama hires a UT grad to head ANY of their programs. I'll be waiting.

You've got a point but he was never head coach at those institutions. Further, if you knew what he was like at Hoover, proudly displaying his Alabama garb with his Alabama friends and Alabama family the original post made some sense.
So, he got a job making $4 million a year and sabotaged his own 7 figure income?

The logic is positively gooberific.

SABOTAGE ?!?!?! WE ARE THE ONES THAT HIRED THESE PEOPLE FROM AD'S TO COACHES !!!! The thinking of the past 20 years of getting someone from the enemy at ever turn and thinking they will become a VFL is what got us here. BAMA ain't that smart and from all indications of our past we have been that dumb.

Kudos to almost everyone that answered!

I could believe the OP if I got credible answers to the following questions:

Why? For 15 years prior, UT has been no threat to most everyone, so why would UA need to sabotage UT? After 5 NC and UT being in the bottom third of the conference most of the last 10 years, what is the motivation?

How? Given the job was offered to 5+ people before Currie was fired, and then Fulmer decided to THEN hire Pruitt, how could UA have pulled this off? Even if the job offers and turn downs were part of the dastardly plan, do you think Fulmer listened to someone tell him that Pruitt was the best if his gut said he wasn't?

I love a good conspiracy theory, but I need more than unsubstantiated twaddle.

Stop me if you've heard this before. This is a straight up sabotage job by Bama. I get it we haven't been all that threatening in recent years. So why bother right? I just find the whole thing odd. We hire this Bama lifer to come in and "help" our program, he does just enough to earn an extension then blows the whole thing up. The shady recruiting tactics which have been seen in use by other programs with Bama ties, the clear regression in player performance etc. Isn't it all just a bit too convenient? I remember being extremely confused when Fulmer hired CJP, wondering why he would hire someone who was so thoroughly dedicated to Bama. Was it revenge for being fired? Now with all this playing out I see him so nonchalantly stepping aside as the program burns it makes me think it was. Maybe I am dumb and crazy and that is probably the case but this whole thing stinks I tells ya.
Why would they need to. They are to busy trying to find what finger to put the multiple championship rings on. You don’t want to look like Liberace with hands full of gold.

Maybe I am dumb and crazy and that is probably the case but this whole thing stinks I tells ya.

You may be both, but this sh@tty program has made me think I was both too.

Yes it does stink.

There’s this thing called Occam’s Razor that says the simplest explanation that accounts for all the facts is usually the correct one.

Incompetence accounts for all the facts here, and is way more simple than any conspiracy, both in terms of likelihood of success and durability of purpose.

Reactions: VolNExile
If you are going to blame anyone, it was Fulmer. He went to bat and hired this Bama clown. So don’t blame Bama, hell they do things right and are dedicated to winning. We let Fulmer hire a football coach and the man has no experience as AD and it showed in hiring a gump

VN Store

Back