Saban sees change...Pruitt, not so much..

Pruitt is a guy who thinks JG makes a good QB - A game manager. "As long as the defense is good, we don't have to put too much effort into offense.". He has the mindset of a guy who'd prefer to vacation rather than work instead.

Reactions: Rocky Top Raby
He's wrong. How many Big 12 teams made it into the playoffs? Oklahoma you say? And how far did they get?

Pruitt is a guy who thinks JG makes a good QB - A game manager. "As long as the defense is good, we don't have to put too much effort into offense.". He has the mindset of a guy who'd prefer to vacation rather than work instead.

quotation marks are for quotes. not when you are pretending.

Nick whined and complained about the offensive evolution a few years ago. Then he woke up and joined in. Unfortunately, our coach missed that meeting getting his head polished.

Difference is we have a guy that’s been a HC for 3 years versus 25+ years.

He's wrong. How many Big 12 teams made it into the playoffs? Oklahoma you say? And how far did they get?
Not a valid comparison. The Big12 doesn't have the world's best offenses, they have some of the worst defenses. When they face real teams with real defensive talent, we see the true results. Their offenses can't keep up with those of the SEC or Clemson/Ohio St.

Yep, gone are the days of having a good running game, game manager at QB, and a stout defense and expect to win championships. Not saying it can't be done, but its become very difficult.

You have to have a difference maker at the QB position or you just aren't going to win anything of great significance. You can be UGA and win a bunch of games, but when it comes to "rings" you gotta have a QB that creates explosive plays that leads to TDs.

The recent rules changes make dynamic players play while thinking to much. Keep your head to the side , don't go full speed a tap of the helmet you're out. Defense pass interference is called more than the nuance push offs of top tier wide receivers, that aid your passing game in gang buster numbers. Hardly ever see a PI on a Receiver. Just like a RB can stiff arm to face mask with no call the D's are hamstrung in the PC football.
You have to evolve and push the envelope where it is allowed and that bar is tilting to the O.

Good Offense beats Good Defense

"It used to be that good defense beats good offense. Good defense doesn't beat good offense anymore," Saban told ESPN. "It's just like last week. Georgia has as good a defense as we do an offense, and we scored 41 points on them
While it is true that in general offenses have the upper hand because of the rules, the formula for winning is still the same. Good defense is relative holding opponents to as few points and plays as possible and creating turnovers wins, particularly in the post-season. Offense may win some games in the regular season, defensse will always be king in the post-season.

I THINK the key is having a really, really, strong offense because MOST really strong defenses still stop a good offense. Baseball is still the same...really strong pitching (which to me is a form of defense) still stops really good hitting. I personally think the offense Bama has is their best in years. And that Georgia defense, while exceptionally good, isn't like the best defense we've seen in years (like some of the Bama defenses). I personally think NS is playing with words and knows a GREAT defense will stop a GREAT offense still!. Now while saying that I think he has a GREAT offense this year! Of course that's JMO and I probably won't being going into the CFHoF when I retire like NS is so there's always that angle as well!

n college football
I THINK the key is having a really, really, strong offense because MOST really strong defenses still stop a good offense. Baseball is still the same...really strong pitching (which to me is a form of defense) still stops really good hitting. I personally think the offense Bama has is their best in years. And that Georgia defense, while exceptionally good, isn't like the best defense we've seen in years (like some of the Bama defenses). I personally think NS is playing with words and knows a GREAT defense will stop a GREAT offense still!. Now while saying that I think he has a GREAT offense this year! Of course that's JMO and I probably won't being going into the CFHoF when I retire like NS is so there's always that angle as well!

Yeah, sadly Pruitt said almost this very thing the week before we played them. Cant wait till someone starts saying that about UT.

Reactions: tennrich1
I can't stand Alabama, but their admin has handled the football program by leaps and bounds better then Tennessee has. Until there is a fundamental change. Tennessee will always suck at football.

Reactions: onevol74
I can't stand Alabama, but their admin has handled the football program by leaps and bounds better then Tennessee has. Until there is a fundamental change. Tennessee will always suck at football.
UT needs to evaluate why even some instate players do not want to play here.

Good Offense beats Good Defense

"It used to be that good defense beats good offense. Good defense doesn't beat good offense anymore," Saban told ESPN. "It's just like last week. Georgia has as good a defense as we do an offense, and we scored 41 points on them

This is in all honesty my one big fear with Pruitt. I’m afraid he’s wanting to play an outdated brand of football and won’t be willing to adapt.

Reactions: VolForLife83

VN Store

Back