Saban Lashes Out at A&M - Bama is a NIL Dinosaur

"We were second in recruiting last year," he said. "A&M was first. A&M bought every player on their team. Made a deal for name, image and likeness. We didn’t buy one player. But I don’t know if we’re going to be able to sustain that in the future because more and more people are doing it."

Yes. Lil Nicky Saban actually said that. All 5'7" of him. ROTFLMMFAO

Its pro football now. Forget everything you knew about college football, those days are gone. This will continue to grow as agents, coaches, boosters and athletic directors get creative in getting the best players on their team. The fire started will burn out of control until it destroys itself. Then we can start over.

The absolute hubris of Saban to go after a guy who coached under him and knows how he runs his programs. Just amazing the amount of narcissism and lack of self awareness.

Oh it's not a lack of self-awareness--Saban knows exactly what he's doing and what Alabama does.

He knows firing the first shots automatically will put the opponent on the defensive. Now anything that A&M or Jimbo says back, however true, will be seen as a petty retaliation.

Two hypocrites seeing who can pi$$ farther. Saban is a moron for opening his mouth.

Between the two....I'd love nothing more than to watch the corrupt Bama program to crumble into obscurity. I've said it in other threads....but the corruption in the program runs all the way to the state government. It's why NCAA won't sniff em....they've got the NCAA in their payroll as well. They know Bammers will destroy them if the go sniffing the program. It's like an intricately designed and organized crime ring.

Oh it's not a lack of self-awareness--Saban knows exactly what he's doing and what Alabama does.

He knows firing the first shots automatically will put the opponent on the defensive. Now anything that A&M or Jimbo says back, however true, will be seen as a petty retaliation.

I agree. Make no mistake, that press conference was all about him sending a message to the Alabama alumni that they need to step it up and quick. Hell, knowing those freaks, they'll pass a state tax that directly funds their collective!

In reference to A&M...I wonder how that team is going to gel with a bunch of dudes that went there only for the money and really don't have their hearts in that school? I foresee locker room issues...and a mass exodus of players to schools they love if things don't go the way they think they should in the first couple of years. Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
No one comes out of this looking good. Saban looks like a hypocrite, Fisher definitely looks like a hypocrite - and their schools look filthy. What start to the summer.

He's just mad because what he has been doing under the table for years is now legal and all schools are doing it.
There's truth in this.

But he's also mad that the system that favored him so much is being turned on its head. Now others can compete for the kind of talent Bama just previously acted like they had a birthright to.

A&M did "buy" that class which is pretty much "legal" now. We're all hoping UT pulls off something similar this year. The problem with A&M isn't what they did but Fisher's ridiculous hypocrisy on the subject.

No one comes out of this looking good. Saban looks like a hypocrite, Fisher definitely looks like a hypocrite - and their schools look filthy. What start to the summer.
Why would schools operating within the rules look filthy? The rules changed. They'll likely change again. There's nothing dirty about taking every advantage you can within the rules.

True, and Hunstville is more orange than crimson.
There is a lot of orange here in Huntsville, thank God. I see the power T sported around town. We start beating Bama and we'll pick up another 30% or so, the trailer park bandwagon fans. Don't depend on them for NIL contributions though.

Reactions: Jax_Vol
Two hypocrites seeing who can pi$$ farther. Saban is a moron for opening his mouth.

Between the two....I'd love nothing more than to watch the corrupt Bama program to crumble into obscurity. I've said it in other threads....but the corruption in the program runs all the way to the state government. It's why NCAA won't sniff em....they've got the NCAA in their payroll as well. They know Bammers will destroy them if the go sniffing the program. It's like an intricately designed and organized crime ring.
Even Bryant can only do so much to keep that program a float. They know they can compete but won’t be able to stack the deck anymore.

Reactions: PandamoniumReigns

VN Store

Back