Saban’s worst loss at Bama...14 points

Well some loved it.

I let my 10 year old son stay up and watch it with me. His short life has known nothing but mediocre UT football, at best, and dominate Bama football.

We laughed and high fived all night.

Vicarious living is an important lesson if you're going to raise him as a UT fan.

J/K. Glad you had a good night with your kid. My son is almost 2, and I look forward to many fine days bonding over football.

Vicarious living is an important lesson if you're going to raise him as a UT fan.

J/K. Glad you had a good night with your kid. My son is almost 2, and I look forward to many fine days bonding over football.

You've taken this well tonight. Enjoy the days ahead with your son. I hope you get to constantly refer to the "good ole days" when bonding over Bama football with him.

From what I've read on their boards, there's a lot of this sentiment out there for next year. Glad to see some cracks, however small they might be. Maybe he will just retire and head to the lake.
I think there is a bigger rebuilding effort next year than we realize. Replace 2 offensive coaches, re-evaluate the defensive coaching staff, still green defensive talent, re-tooled OL, and back to drawing board on kicker and punter. That is even more than Saban can manage imo.

Reactions: 508mikey
The favorite next year is still Alabama. I do have a sneaky feeling (and god I hope I am wrong) that Georgia finally gets over the top.

But, Bama is gonna be next year’s favorite, so all of this “it’s over for Saban” is a little premature
Way too premature unfortunately.

My non-professional take:
We witnessed the assistant coaching carousel take a toll. Their defensive production definitely took a step back this season and tonight's offensive play calling and adjustments were suspect at best.

The talent alone will overcome most teams but at some point, the play calling better be on par with their recruiting abilities. Jmo.

Dabo is an Alabama grad, so either Dabo is lucky to be dynasty-in-waiting or maybe Alabama is lucky to have leverage with him. Or maybe they're both lucky if they turn out to be dancing partners in the post-Saban era.

I don't know about "predestined." But most teams will have a game every few years where they take on a solid opponent and pretty much everything goes wrong. Saban has been at Bama for 12 years and it finally happened. I wish it could have happened in the regular season, but it is what it is.

Yeah, right out of the gate in the 2019 season the hype is going to be on the CFP version of "Rocky V". It will be an interesting side line to see if both teams can rise to that challenge. Long journey to get back, and as we just saw, football remains a game of "any given Saturday". Or Monday.

I think some of the posters here are just having a little fun poking you over the magnitude of the loss. When one displays an elevated level of arrogance on an opposing teams site, such things are to be expected. Remember, even an elephant can die from too many bee stings.

Stay classy. Enjoy your victories, and take your losses like a man.

Go Vols.

Reactions: VOL_Lyfe
Yeah, right out of the gate in the 2019 season the hype is going to be on the CFP version of "Rocky V". It will be an interesting side line to see if both teams can rise to that challenge. Long journey to get back, and as we just saw, football remains a game of "any given Saturday". Or Monday.

I think some of the posters here are just having a little fun poking you over the magnitude of the loss. When one displays an elevated level of arrogance on an opposing teams site, such things are to be expected. Remember, even an elephant can die from too many bee stings.

Stay classy. Enjoy your victories, and take your losses like a man.

Go Vols.

You seem to think that I'm taking this worse than I am.

I didn't watch the game but I've said it for a long time on this board..... you get 10+ years on a coach and it's time to look for an exit plan.
That’s why I keep saying he will stay there maybe 2 more years and say he’s had enough and retires...

From what I've read on their boards, there's a lot of this sentiment out there for next year. Glad to see some cracks, however small they might be. Maybe he will just retire and head to the lake.
Is there even a remote chance some recruits reconsider playing there next year after that beatdown?? Makes you wonder huh?

Finally a chink appears in the armor. What a run from Bama and it hasn't even ended yet.

Dabo is an Alabama grad, so either Dabo is lucky to be dynasty-in-waiting or maybe Alabama is lucky to have leverage with him. Or maybe they're both lucky if they turn out to be dancing partners in the post-Saban era.

Why would Dabo go to Bama? He has it made at Clemson and the ACC.

I think people read too much into the Alma Mater thing.

That’s why I keep saying he will stay there maybe 2 more years and say he’s had enough and retires...
The refs have huge bearings on the results of these games, 2-4 calls in a game.... you go from a close game to a blowout depending on the context of the calls are made. The old saying, it all evens out is just fantasy that people tell each other.

Reactions: chargervol
Why would Dabo go to Bama? He has it made at Clemson and the ACC.

I think people read too much into the Alma Mater thing.

Alabama can match anything Clemson throws at him.

Not saying he’s leaving for Bama but that’s never out of the question.

Alabama can match anything Clemson throws at him.

Not saying he’s leaving for Bama but that’s never out of the question.
Why do people think a school can get any coach they want by simply throwing more money at them?

Dabo's route to the playoffs is so much easier in the ACC.

The refs have huge bearings on the results of these games, 2-4 calls in a game.... you go from a close game to a blowout depending on the context of the calls are made. The old saying, it all evens out is just fantasy that people tell each other.

Even though last night sucked, I got up this morning and the sun is still shining, the world is still spinning, and LSU fans are still griping about officiating.

Life goes on.

They already have the most talent though.

Apparently they need much more talent than Clemson, things will be right in the world i.e. SEC action. (for the record, I didn't watch the game) Probably up the stakes to two Chargers or better yet put some remote disable switches in the Chargers so they don't start if the horses aren't playing up to par. (Like the little fake bunnies at the Greyhound track, you never let the dogs catch the fake rabbit... they won't run anymore)

Last edited:
How 'bout that great coaching call taking the ball out of your best QB s hands and putting it in your 3rd string QBs hands to execute a fake field goal that totally flopped? Saban is not alll that great a game day coach if you take an objective look at his losses.

Being objective(I dislike Saban and Bama very much), I'd have to disagree. Out of 296 games coached, you only want to look at 63? Out of 93 SEC games coached at Bama, you only want to look at 13? (not counting 5 wins vacated in 2007) What about all the rest? With 6 NC's and 8 SEC titles, I am confident in my belief the guy can coach, and not just at practice.

Well, I guess we'll be able to poach all their 5-star "commitments" now since it's clear that teams clad in Orange do well against Bama.

VN Store

Back