Ryan Johnson and Jerrod Means enter the transfer portal

I'm scratching my head over Johnson, he probably starts again next year if Smith goes pro. Even if not, he gets plenty of playing time. So much for a VFL I guess.
Not likely. He was slipping on the depth chart and was basically playing FG unit.

Means was always kinda a stretch to begin with I i remember correctly

All this means is we are making room to add some good quality recruits to the 2020 signing class.
“Always hustling, hustling”
Is there a need for that?

If we only have 60 scholarship players and several of them graduate...and we can only sign 25, no one needs to be pushed out to make room for new recruits.

Reactions: trion23

If we only have 60 scholarship players and several of them graduate...and we can only sign 25, no one needs to be pushed out to make room for new recruits.

This. Someone help me understand why this is a numbers game.

I don't understand why means would even consider leaving. Playing opportunity will be wide open next season.

Ryan Johnson is a suprise, dude is all vol and has been since he was a kid but I understand he wants pt and probably won't get it here

Wondering if it’s a graduate program thing. May want to go somewhere else for a specific engineering program. Gets his masters paid for from an elite program; not a pro prospect from what I’ve read. Definitely a smart kid.

Never said anybody was pushed out, just maybe not encouraged to stay, recruited over or lack of playing time, etc... happens every year.

“Nothing to see here, move along folks, let’s keep the line moving...”

Never said anybody was pushed out, just maybe not encouraged to stay, recruited over or lack of playing time, etc... happens every year.

“Nothing to see here, move along folks, let’s keep the line moving...”

You said

All this means is we are making room to add some good quality recruits to the 2020 signing class.

Now you say they werent pushed out..
Which is it and why?

If they were encouraged to leave/ pushed out, why? So the lack if scholarship players can become a built in excuse??

I have zero idea why they left amd will not speculate. But your inference that they were encouraged to leave to.make room for better players makes no sense..

Means I dont quite understand. He would have gotten plenty of snaps next year
Yeah but Means is also probably behind Johnson, Palmer, Gibbs, Keyton, & Tillman next year and we dnt know if CJP has a silent commit in his back pocket. I think Ryan Johnson's issue might be Kennedy and Carvin

You said

Now you say they werent pushed out..
Which is it and why?

If they were encouraged to leave/ pushed out, why? So the lack if scholarship players can become a built in excuse??

I have zero idea why they left amd will not speculate. But your inference that they were encouraged to leave to.make room for better players makes no sense..
Let just agree to disagree here, or misunderstanding.
I will just say, why would some one want to transfer? Playing time, doesn’t fit the system, too far from home, not a fit with coaching staff. Really too many to list.
This staff seems, at least from the outside looking in, to care for these kids on the team and wants the best for each situation.
At the same time, always getting the roster better to compete.

VN Store

Back