Ryan Johnson and Jerrod Means enter the transfer portal

If he was that fast and had those measurables, you would think he would be higher rated. 3 star with UT and UNC being the only significant schools.

I guess the recruiting services are right some times

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191202-164151_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20191202-164151_Samsung Internet.jpg
    496.7 KB · Views: 88
I'm scratching my head over Johnson, he probably starts again next year if Smith goes pro. Even if not, he gets plenty of playing time. So much for a VFL I guess.

They can enter the transfer portal but not considered gone officially though. I remember someone backed out and stayed with the team earlier this year.
I know, That is why I was surprised that Means was not listed on the roster. It is almost like he has told the staff "He gone"

Ryan Johnson is a suprise, dude is all vol and has been since he was a kid but I understand he wants pt and probably won't get it here

Austin Peay IMO. Hope he does well wherever. I appreciate his commitment.

Totally agree. Hell they were still giving Locklear and Jahmir a series or two up until the Vandy game. Drove me batshat crazy!!! I hope we can settle on 5 next year and let that 5 play, even through the mistakes and mental lapses.

Yep. Locklear has no business out there. Jahmir I like a lot. But, he seems to lose track of what he's doing a lot and it costs us. Love his mean streak and athleticism. Need him to be bigger tho.

Reactions: VOLSONLY and JT3
If he was that fast and had those measurables, you would think he would be higher rated. 3 star with UT and UNC being the only significant schools.

I guess the recruiting services are right some times
IIRC, he didn't really have a position. The recruiting sites didn't know what to do with him.

That said, I hope he stays. He has potential to contribute.

I'm scratching my head over Johnson, he probably starts again next year if Smith goes pro. Even if not, he gets plenty of playing time. So much for a VFL I guess.

He’s going to grad transfer, been here 4 years already. Definitely a VFL, go somewhere you know you can start and dominate for a season!

Carvin, Chris A., Lampley, Calbert, Jahmir Johnson all back...as well as Kennedy trying to return and if Trey stays where is Ryan getting to start?

Not to mention Cooper incoming.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
It will be interesting to see where Ryan Johnson lands. From a structural engineering standpoint, Texas, VA Tech and Illinois have outstanding post graduate programs for structural engineers if he's looking for something in particular. He got a B.S. in 3 years and is working on his masters. I wonder if he'll get his doctorate or an MBA?

Yep. Locklear has no business out there. Jahmir I like a lot. But, he seems to lose track of what he's doing a lot and it costs us. Love his mean streak and athleticism. Need him to be bigger tho.

Jahmir fires off the ball like he wants to wound someone every play....I wonder why he cant gain weight?

Means I dont quite understand. He would have gotten plenty of snaps next year

Agreed isn't the guy just a true freshman? Maybe he wants a better fit. Non contributor this year. Good luck to him.

Ryan Johnson doesn't seem to perform at a high level.

Hate to lose experience on the line, but I can understand his decision. Means is a head scratcher though.

We have lots of DB's coming back and maybe Buccanhan
Have Palmer, Brandon , Keyton and Gibbs and Cedrick at Wr's,
usually in practice you pretty much now the pecking order.
He may have seen the path to playing time was not in the cards.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Ryan Johnson has really struggled... not to say he can’t improve but when he was playing a lot of snaps a year or two ago we had an awful oline that was getting abused.... him, Tatum, Richmond, and others were part of one of the worst olines in VOLS history....

So if he goes it’s bc he’s just getting passed up by better players so that makes sense... but if he sticks around and improves then maybe he can play and help some??? I can understand it either way...

But Means? He just got here... really hope he stays...
How much did Johnson play this year and where was he on the depth chart?

Pruitt needs to get on Xferportal.com and put an experienced WR or two in his shopping cart. We may be pretty good w Palmer, Keyton, Gibbs, Tillman, and Johnson next year. But with one true FR so far verbaled, we will be thin. And 2021. We need another elite WR signee and an xfer or two IMO.
J Juedy? 😳

Quitters! I know that is an unpopular opinion, but that is what they are. Kids these days give up if everything doesn't go their way. What happened to commitment to one's school and team?

That's the wrong way to look at it don't be calling Ryan a quitter. He's a VFL in all likelihood he was encouraged by the staff to do this so they could make room on the roster for someone else more talented. Even if that isn't the case it is what it is. Pruitt is on record as being fully supportive of players who have graduated being able to transfer if they want and play somewhere else immediately. You cant take a cheap shot at these guys like that. You're talking about someone else's life choices and their future forget about yourself and football games for a second.

Jordan Allen almost transferred too, but backed out because of his Mom.

Was he able to get healthy and see some playing time down the stretch this year or is he still injured and planning to RS?

Ryan will hurt on the two deep but he needs one more chance to prove himself to the nfl scouts.

Means played in about 5 games but didn't record a reception. Maybe he just feels like he can't compete with returning WRs or just isn't a good fit here? IDK

Doesn't mean either can't change their mind like Kurot.

Does anyone know how Richmond did at USC? Never saw much good he did here, so was not missed by many. Just wonder what he did to improve his draft status.

Quitters! I know that is an unpopular opinion, but that is what they are. Kids these days give up if everything doesn't go their way. What happened to commitment to one's school and team?

RJ is leaving with both a BS and MS in Civil Engineering. He isn't going to the NFL, if he can get a PhD funded at a better engineering program with his 5th year that is a very smart decision. Calling him a quitter is incredibly selfish on your part.

VN Store

Back