Rutgers hires Schiano

So Coach Greg Schiano got the head coaching job at Rutgers....our program will now be compared to Rutgers going forward. We will soon find out if the fan revolt was a mistake.

Lol, I'm pretty sure most of us are pleased with Pruitt.

Also, OSU had so much confidence in GS that they made Ryan Day the interim and eventual replacement hc. Didn't hear herbstreet complaining then about how great a coach GS is.

You can’t compare Rutgers to Tennessee, not when one is in the big 10 and the other in the SEC.

They still will though. But I don’t see many former coaches coming back to light it up either. I think Schiano might help a bit but they will still be mediocre

You can’t compare Rutgers to Tennessee, not when one is in the big 10 and the other in the SEC.

They still will though. But I don’t see many former coaches coming back to light it up either. I think Schiano might help a bit but they will still be mediocre

What does "comparing leagues" have to do with Rutgers? Big Ten has 4-5 strong teams; same as the SEC. The rest of the teams in both leagues are mediocre at best.

What does "comparing leagues" have to do with Rutgers? Big Ten has 4-5 strong teams; same as the SEC. The rest of the teams in both leagues are mediocre at best.

Watch the bowl games, you’ll see even the mediocre teams are faster and better than the big 10.

Hired at UT, until fans and boosters raise hell, not hired at Rutgers, until fans and boosters raise hell....Go figure. Sreiously though, he is a great recruiter and if he can get most of the talent in that rich area I see no reason why he can't have 8-4 years... From what I've read he has excellent relations with NJ prep coaches.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
I don’t care if Rutgers wins a MNC. There are certain lines I won’t cross to win. The strong allegations against Schiano failing to report abuse in the Pedo State case was, is, and always will be enough for me, unless they are conclusively shown to be false.

Louis Freeh, the FBI"s investigator into the Penn State scandal has a stack of paperwork containing testimonies, witness corroboration, evidence, submissions, depositions..you name it, and there was not one mention, not one, concerning any hiding of the facts or knowledge about pedophilic behavior. Take the one rumour, and that's all it is until proven a fact, and that's it. You would think a complete thorough investigation by the FBI would conjure up some evidence of wrongdoing, wouldn't you. Take it for what it is worth and none of us know, you and I , and everyone else. I prefer to label a man innocent until proven guilty....That the way the law works, but today in this country the foul smell of indicting someone guilty until proven innocent is becoming more and more prevalent.

He’s a sick SOB.

No way should he have been UT’s coach.

Louis Freeh, the FBI"s investigator into the Penn State scandal has a stack of paperwork containing testimonies, witness corroboration, evidence, submissions, depositions..you name it, and there was not one mention, not one, concerning any hiding of the facts or knowledge about pedophilic behavior. Take the one rumour, and that's all it is until proven a fact, and that's it. You would think a complete thorough investigation by the FBI would conjure up some evidence of wrongdoing, wouldn't you. Take it for what it is worth and none of us know, you and I , and everyone else. I prefer to label a man innocent until proven guilty....That the way the law works, but today in this country the foul smell of indicting someone guilty until proven innocent is becoming more and more prevalent.
So I take it you wanted to take a chance on a man who allegedly saw a child being molested in the shower and did nothing about it. I don't care if it's true or not, the accusations are there and Tennessee would provide too much of a limelight for the matter to be exposed to the national media on a weekly basis. You don't think the national media would have talked about it during our games? You don't think that sh!t would be used against UT in recruiting? Sir so you really want your son spending the next 4 years with a man that was too chicken sh!t to stop a grown man from molesting a child?

Reactions: VolInNW

This just isn't that hard to find. This is enough for me not to want the guy at UT. Ever. We are not talking criminal charges, so the 'innocent until proven guilty' standard is irrelevant. Read the article, and see if Schano is someone you want near your program.

There was a backlash for a reason, and it had nothing to do with coaching ability.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-sandusky-abuse-at-penn-state-documents-show/

Testimony under oath >>>> report from investigator hand picked by Penn State

The man is getting 4.7 mil per year x8 years to coach Rutgers. Rutgers.

Rutgers.

Does this seem crazy to anyone else?

Rutgers is literally the worst college stadium where I have ever watched a game. A pit of a hole where footballs go to die. Missouri--IMHO the worst in the SEC (yes, worse than Vandy) and I have watched the Vols play in them all--is a gridiron Mecca by comparison.

Schiano will get an amazing buyout in 3/4 years. Generational money. His grandkids are set for life.

Good on him. Wish I could do the same for my future progeny.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back