Russians, released from treaty by Trump, promise newmissile system in next two years

From Mick's article it's clear that NATO agrees across the board that Russia is and has been for quite a while violating the treaty. Do you suppose they are all making it up?

If Trump made the comment you just made it would be considered another example of him being a Putin puppet...

Here's some interesting comments. You have to run it through Translate, but all the way back in 2007, the Russians claimed they would withdraw from the Treaty:

Би-би-си | Россия | Россия "может выйти" из договора с США о ракетах

The head of the Russian General Staff, Army General Yuri Baluyevsky, said that Moscow could unilaterally withdraw from the Soviet-American Treaty on the Elimination of Intermediate-Range and Short-Range Missiles (INF).

"The INF Treaty between Moscow and Washington is of an indefinite nature, but the possibility of withdrawing from it exists if one of the parties provides convincing evidence of the need for an exit," he told reporters in Moscow on Thursday.

And more on the Russian withdrawal from other than military sources:

Moscow may walk out of nuclear treaty after US accusations of breach

Did the US brief NATO? Yep...

US 'alleges Russia treaty breach'

And then?

Russia Deploys Missile, Violating Treaty and Challenging Trump

And a capstone articlce from FP that gets into the nuts and bolts:

An Intercontinental Ballistic Missile by any Other Name

Reactions: tennvols77
Putin to U.S.: I'm ready for another Cuban Missile crisis if you want one | Reuters

President Vladimir Putin has said that Russia is militarily ready for a Cuban Missile-style crisis if the United States is foolish enough to want one and that his country currently has the edge when it comes to a first nuclear strike.

Is it time for a nickname yet?

I’d call him ... Little chest thumper .
After he sends that first strike , where is the New Moscow going to be located ? Little Thumper knows what will happen when that button is pushed .

We tend to work closely with the British Intelligence as well as areas of mutual concern with other major members of NATO. I would be shocked if other nation's intelligence services weren't briefed or didn't have a part in generating the report on the alleged violations.

I found this more detailed report. Glanced over a bit of it last night. It appears there was a more in-depth briefing with NATO in December.

https://fas.org/sgp/crs/nuke/R43832.pdf

The threat is China, and if we were smart we would have taken the Russians and made them an ally, regardless of anything else other than to keep them from being China's new pet.

China is the elephant in the corner, but good luck with that.

holb_c16359220190221120100.jpg

Much ado about nothing........its a dude pointing out **** on a map and trying to place some fear into people. IMO the least of our worries is a ballistic missile (hypersonic or not) hitting CONUS. Would be concerned with it hitting allies or bases abroad. The biggest threat to CONUS is a nuclear bomb carried into the country and detonated here. We have pretty sufficient defenses against ballistic missiles and the THAAD is very capable of handling an intercept for a hypersonic missle (over MACH 5). We are even currently in development for more deterrents as well.

No mention of turning the White House ( the Symbol of American power ) to dust ? ... I call fake news .

VN Store

Back