Russell Smith reporting Kellie Jolly-Harper has been hired

On Twitter the reaction is roughly 70% negative. Except for the pervy men who talk about how they "would". :rolleyes:

Newsflash: we're here to win basketball games, not hire someone who gives you a boner.

From what I can tell from the national perspective, most everyone is laughing at the hire...

Ok, you said if we weren't willing to support, then we weren't true fans... willing to support what then? Your post inferred support of the hire given that this is what this thread is all about... you sound like the liberal media trying to walk back their fake news...
Interesting that you would say fake news since you were the one who misquoted me originally (I’m also anti liberal media btw). All I’m saying is most of us have a preference of who we want to be the coach, but whoever it is should be supported by fans (baring issues such as integrity). We can agree or disagree that whoever it is will be a good hire. But to not support the LV because of that would be a shame.

Interesting that you would say fake news since you were the one who misquoted me originally (I’m also anti liberal media btw). All I’m saying is most of us have a preference of who we want to be the coach, but whoever it is should be supported by fans (baring issues such as integrity). We can agree or disagree that whoever it is will be a good hire. But to not support the LV because of that would be a shame.
I think people can support but still be skeptical of investing their time or money if they don’t believe in someone yet. I think that is human nature. To say to either fully support 100% or leave, I think is very shortsighted in the context of a hire that may or may not work out.

I think people can support but still be skeptical of investing their time or money if they don’t believe in someone yet. I think that is human nature. To say to either fully 100% or leave, I think is very shortsighted in the context of a hire that may or may not work out.
Yes and those that don't want to don't have to!

Reactions: JohnnyPayne
Yes and those that don't want to don't have to!
I don’t like the idea of it having to be all or nothing. I think some fans, like you, are more than entitled to jump in 100% feet first. I just don’t believe that group should start jumping to “leave you awful fan” mode on those fans who may have reservations. Research shows that people experience change in different ways. Some are onboard immediately, whereas others take longer to adjust. Neither side is right or wrong.

Let’s be real!! Tennessee was never getting Walz, Schafer, or any other coach with an established program. Do you think those guys are stupid?? Why leave a winning program to go to Tennessee to live in the shadow of a dead “ WOMAN”.( No disrespect meant towards Pat.) And besides, the LV program is basically in the cellar of the SEC. I’m just living in reality here!! Y’all need to quit your bitching and throw your support behind KJH, if that’s who has been hired. Some of you say that she will be another Holly. How do you know?? And at this point, what do you have to lose by giving KJH a chance? She just might be the medicine Tennessee LVols need!! Lord, I hope so.

I don’t like the idea of it having to be all or nothing. I think some fans, like you, are more than entitled to jump in 100% feet first. I just don’t believe that group should start jumping to “leave you awful fan” mode on those fans who may have reservations. Research shows that people experience change in different ways. Some are onboard immediately, whereas others take longer to adjust. Neither side is right or wrong.
Matters not to me what they do! I am not 100 % at all . She was not my first choice ever so forget that. I will be 100% if she is named. Never said leave you awful fans but leave if you cant support !

Reactions: JohnnyPayne
"During the next three games, the Lady Vols played with a rejuvenated purpose and were finally enjoying the services of their emotional leader, guard Kellie Jolly, for the first time all season. Jolly had become a woman possessed after ACL surgery and in a record three months' time had successfully rehabilitated her knee. On Jan. 9, 1997, she was cleared to play, and UT's playmaker was more than ready to contribute. Jolly debuted against Kentucky in Knoxville and helped the Lady Vols snap a two-game losing streak with an 84-61 win."--by Debby Jennings, The University of Tennessee Basketball Vault: The History of the Lady Vols

The quote references the legendary 1996-97, 10-loss National Championship season.

Given the shape the program is in, Jolly-Harper's services are needed once again but in a different role. I hope she is up to the challenge.

They didn't get a call because Fulmer wouldn't be able to low ball them.

Also in Walz's case there's the whole saga that happened while he was at Maryland.

I had also heard Schaefer was interested but there was a theory that he could've been fishing for a raise from MSU. Same theory for Walz at L'Ville. I think either would've come had we been willing to pay. As it stands we just got another Walmart coach for our program.

Y'all just need to face facts. This program is a has been. It will never be elite again. The university, who once stood as a beacon of women's sports, does not give two shakes of a rat's ass about this program. They just don't. They're more interested in hiring people who once played here who who can get us to the tourney, be in the middle of the pack in the SEC and maybe keep us ranked. That's it. Even Holly couldn't do this and this is a testament to how freaking BAD of a head coach she is. Y'all think anybody in this administration cares if we ever get to a FF again? Or win the SEC championship? Just get over this fact right now if you don't realize it.

I mean Fulmer actually interviewed Niele Ivey and Wes Moore and still picked Kellie Jolly. Why? Because she played for Pat? Because she's from TN and sounds like Pat? People need to get over it. Pat is dead. She's never coming back. There was only one of her and there will never be another Pat. Her style of play and philosophy of just playing hard and rebounding is outdated and doesn't win anymore. As it stands, Holly's legacy was tarnished because of her failures as HC, and I have a feeling the same will happen with Kellie. Because unless Kellie doesn't bring her bummy ass mid-major assistants with her (including her hubby), this stands ZERO chance of being a successful endeavor. *ZERO* She 100% MUST hire an elite staff around her or this simply will not work. And I have zero faith in that happening. Mostly because I don't think many elite assistants would want to work for her and also while I'm on the subject I have major doubts about her recruiting.

People can spit shine this turd of a hire just like they spit shined the turd that was Holly's HC coaching endeavor here. Some people can't see the forest for the trees. This was our opportunity to bring new blood into the program. Energy, intensity, new life. And they go out and do this. And then people have the nerve to tell me I'm not a fan because I stopped going to games? lol

Matters not to me what they do! I am not 100 % at all . She was not my first choice ever so forget that. I will be 100% if she is named. Never said leave you awful fans but leave if you cant support !
Good to know on the 100% part. :) I think all the fans on this board that are giving their opinion support the Lady Vols. I hope Kellie wins us all over. At this point though, it is a huge unknown, so I can understand the positive and negative reactions to the hire.

Reactions: tbwhhs
Good to know on the 100% part. :) I think all the fans on this board that are giving their opinion support the Lady Vols. I hope Kellie wins us all over. At this point though, it is a huge unknown, so I can understand the positive and negative reactions to the hire.
Positive is those that hope and negative because Phil did not hire/interview someone that may have had no interest

KY3 (local Springfield, MO NBC station) reported tonight in their 10PM (central time) newscast that inside sources say that KJH is going to TN.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
On Twitter the reaction is roughly 70% negative. Except for the pervy men who talk about how they "would". :rolleyes:

Newsflash: we're here to win basketball games, not hire someone who gives you a boner.
anyone that needs that explained probably spends a lot of time in the barn.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Positive is those that hope and negative because Phil did not hire/interview someone that may have had no interest
I think I may be in the negative along the lines of wondering why we actually couldn’t get someone with a better track record. I didn’t have a favorite among the hires, so i’m not mad my guy/lady wasn’t chosen. Just wonder the outside factors that played into the hire, which we’ll never fully know. I do admire the hopeful though. I won’t proclaim her amazing and exactly what we needed like some on here are already doing either. Thanks for the polite conversation though!

I think I may be in the negative along the lines of wondering why we actually couldn’t get someone with a better track record. I didn’t have a favorite among the hires, so i’m not mad my guy/lady wasn’t chosen. Just wonder the outside factors that played into the hire, which we’ll never fully know. I do admire the hopeful though. I won’t proclaim her amazing and exactly what we needed like some on here are already doing either. Thanks for the polite conversation though!
Right back at you!!

VN Store

Back