RUNNING BACKS

I am really hoping to see a couple of running backs step up for us this year. I think Cedric will have a nice year and I am really hopeful that Riggs will finally get his act together and be able to contribute as well.

Originally posted by vol_freak@Jul 13, 2004 12:47 PM
I think Cedric will have a nice year and I am really hopeful that Riggs will finally get his act together and be able to contribute as well.

I hope you're right. I'm so tired of hearing about Riggs, Houston and Davis's potential.

Isn't "potential" about ALL we've been hearing about for the last few seasons?

We can only hear that for so long!!!! Potential dont mean squat to me........performance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

I thought Larkin was suppose to take over at running after Travis S. left.
He showed some moves during the Flordia game and he is the fastest back they have no one has large running backs anymore. (ex. Williams for Auburn ) He ran all over us in the Auburn game I was there....... :bad:

I'm betting on Yancey. They showed the spring game on CSS again today, and his ability is just so good. Houston and the boys have failed to step up for whatever reason, and it's time for a change. Fulmer said the next opening for a scholly Yancey would get. HMMMMMMMMM. :question:

I just saw where Cedric Houston only needs about 1,400 yards to become the all time leasing rusher at Tennessee. That one kind of snuck up on me.

Houston has a shot at it, considering the offensive philosophy this year. But he better stay healthy.

Dandy Sanders just happened to be in the right place at the right time to get that position. I wish Hal Mumme had taken HIM instead of Woody Widenhoffer ( or however you spell it).

Randy Sanders was born 22 Sep 1965 at Morristown, Tenn. He graduated from Morristown East High School and then played football as the a quarterback for the University of Tennessee 1984-1988. He lettered for a fourth time in 1988 and upon graduation, he went to work in coaching with the Vols in 1989 as volunteer coach working with quarterbacks under Jim Hofher in 1989 and Cutcliffe in 1990.

He is currently Assistant Football Coach at Tennessee.

I don't remember much about the Randy Sanders years. I was in high school/college and wasn't into football as much back then. I don't think he set any fields on fire though.

I just wish we would get an OC who would try some NEW plays and shake things up a bit. I don't want Steve Spurrier, but he can't be the ONLY offensive genius in the world.

No, but I wonder how much of it is Sanders and how much of it is Fulmer? When we had Cutcliffe, we ran a simple offense, but the play calling was better. I can't help but think that maybe Fulmer got used to the close to the vest play calling from '98 and has stuck with it.

VN Store

Back