Running back

Vollifer1949

Honestly where would you rank Ty Chanler and Eric Gray among Tennessee running backs, Chandler was adequate Gray was above average in my opinion, which means nothing.

Reactions: TennesseeTarheel
Chandler was better his first two years, especially catching passes out of the backfield. Either he wasn't utilized or he lost a step last season.

Gray is the best UT has ever had and if he’d stayed we would be looking at a playoff run. But since he’s gone we’re looking at 0-12.

Reactions: Volanta
In 2020 ESPN stats show us 84th in the country (141.5 rushing ypg) tied with Akron. So, it is hard to be too upset about what we lost.

2021 should be better because of the schedule and because with a passing threat teams will not be able to load up against the run.

Gray and Chandler will both do well with their new teams (UNC really needed to add a RB) and we will be fine with our new backs - this is a case where everybody wins.

Gray is the best UT has ever had and if he’d stayed we would be looking at a playoff run. But since he’s gone we’re looking at 0-12.
"tHE BEST UT HAS EVER HAD" !!! WHAT A TERRIBLE JOKE...........YOU SURE HAVEN'T WATCHED THE TENN FOOTBALL THAT I HAVE FOR 60 YEARS. YOU SURE MISSED OUT SEEING SOME REAL RUNNING BACKS. AND YES, I AM YELLING !!!!!!

Everyone who says we're not missing anything with gray transferring is delusional

Opinions differing from your own are not a sign of delusion. One sure sign of delusion, however, is the belief that your opinion is the only one that can possibly be correct...just my opinion though.
Carry on!

Everyone who says we're not missing anything with gray transferring is delusional
UT is missing something without him..................Fast back who can score at will against Vandy. A back that can't break tackles. A back that isn't great at picking up the blitz.

Gray would have been really good in this offense, but so will the guys that are here. He's not close to the biggest loss.

I dont want to say thats a ridiculous statement because that would be rude..but without a doubt it is.

Janal Lewis
Chuck Webb

Those two alone are so fat ahead of Gray it is almost incomparable.

Now Gray may turn out to he special as he does have speed and quickness. Jamal and Chuck were specail their first seaaon. And not just against Vandy...

Reactions: ReelfootVol
I dont want to say thats a ridiculous statement because that would be rude..but without a doubt it is.

Janal Lewis
Chuck Webb

Those two alone are so fat ahead of Gray it is almost incomparable.

Now Gray may turn out to he special as he does have speed and quickness. Jamal and Chuck were specail their first seaaon. And not just against Vandy...
You would have to add Johnny Jones and Reggie Cobb with those two.

VN Store

Back