Rumors on Louisville Boards - Petrino discussion (merged)

the guy had an affair. he didn't cover up rape and lord knows what else. he's human and he's a hell of a coach. no bs and goes for the throat he's not my first or even 4th choice but i would take him.

He didn't just have an affair . He opened up the university to numerous potential lawsuits. It's not like he nailed a waitress at Applebee's. He would have survived an affair.

Reactions: 5 people
I really do not care what he did in the past, We have all made mistakes...The man can coach and coach well..We are not going to church with the guy we are hiring him to win football games....Period...And he will...Oh yes he will...I have no doubt if he is the guy he will have a chip on his shoulder to prove to everybody he can win in the SEC again...I would fully support his hire....But prefer Chip Kelly.

Reactions: 4 people
He's who I wanted the last time. Probably not my top choice this time but we could certainly do worse.

Petrino is overrated as ****!!! He has never won anything of significance. How do you lose to UK... ever?
Look at his record this year. He's not that good.

Reactions: 1 person
I really do not care what he did in the past, We have all made mistakes...The man can coach and coach well..We are not going to church with the guy we are hiring him to win football games....Period...And he will...Oh yes he will...I have no doubt if he is the guy he will have a chip on his shoulder to prove to everybody he can win in the SEC again...I would fully support his hire....But prefer Chip Kelly.

well said.

he'd be on a mission, and if he could win 10 games at Louisville and Arkansas, Nattys would be within reach with him at UT.

Reactions: 3 people
He's definitely a roll of the dice. But at this point, I'd much rather roll the dice on a guy with a history of winning then on some guy I'm gonna have to google to find out who he is.

Haha we won't touch Kelly because we are scared of his baggage but we'd go get Petrino?

TN needs to grow a pair

He's definitely a roll of the dice. But at this point, I'd much rather roll the dice on a guy with a history of winning then on some guy I'm gonna have to google to find out who he is.

More like a dumpster dive. Classless comes to mind and he isn't going to turn over a new leaf.

Reactions: 2 people
I normally wouldn’t do this but since it’s already started. I think it’s John 8:7

Then they reminded Jesus that adultery was punishable by stoning under Mosaic law and challenged him to judge the woman so that they might then accuse him of disobeying the law. Jesus thought for a moment and then replied, “He that is without sin among you, let him cast the first stone at her.”

That should not hold us back from hiring him

This guy is definitely not one of my top choices but anyone saying he is overrated must be forgetting his first stint at Louisville and before he was fired from Arkansas.

He had some outstanding teams at two schools that are not traditional powerhouses.

Those Arkansas teams with McFadden and Felix Jones would compete with Alabama now.

Kind of how Saban quit on the Dolphins.....

If Saban and Petrino are the same in this regard, then Hurd is the same as any player that transfers.

Saban "quit" after the season was over; Petrino quit on the Falcons with 3 games left and just left a note to his players in their lockers.

Haha we won't touch Kelly because we are scared of his baggage but we'd go get Petrino?

TN needs to grow a pair

Exactly.

Funny how some of our fans claim Kelly to being an selfish prick with baggage when Petrino is 10x worse.

Makes no sense to me whatsoever.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back