RUMOR! Sony is in talks to acquire Take Two Interactive Studios

Also includes 2K games.

And GTA is a bit more than just 1 game....

Rockstar Games' Grand Theft Auto 5 is now the best-selling entertainment product in history, eclipsing any medium. According to a new report by MarketWatch, GTA 5 has now sold over 90 million copies and generated over $6 billion in revenue since its initial release.

Reactions: Aesius
Wouldn't they lose a ton of money if they did this? Xbox players aren't going to buy a PS just for 1 game.
If Sony bought them, it would definitely be console exclusive. I don’t know every “Xbox player”, but yes I would be willing to bet that if GTA6 was exclusive to the PS4 or 5, that there would be some who would buy just to play that game. There are many who do it for games like the Show now.

I’m not for console exclusivity and think it’s bad for the industry

Reactions: Toujours Pret
The location for GTA 6 is intriguing to me. I think a big reason why GTA 5 is so successful is due to its Southern California-inspired location. The combination of the big city plus the huge, wide-open countyside made both GTA: SA and GTA 5 big hits for Rockstar. Hard to imagine them going back to a cramped city (like Miami) unless they make it almost true to life size and incredibly detailed. Although I guess they could include the Keys and the Everglades to add some geographic diversity to the map.

VN Store

Back