RUMOR Ags targeting Coach Nied

BigTXVolFan

I attended grad school at TAMU but have remained a lifelong Vols fan first. Saw today on TexAgs (their volnation), and was confirmed by their moderator of the site with solid insider info; Seems Ags as we target one of their coaches may be targeting one or ours. Can’t imagine us letting Coach Nied get away but wasn’t sure if this had been mentioned as a possibility in the shuffle yet? Anyone on our side of the aisle have insight?

I attended grad school at TAMU but have remained a lifelong Vols fan first. Saw today on TexAgs (their volnation), and was confirmed by their moderator of the site with solid insider info; Seems Ags as we target one of their coaches may be targeting one or ours. Can’t imagine us letting Coach Nied get away but wasn’t sure if this had been mentioned as a possibility in the shuffle yet? Anyone on our side of the aisle have insight?

“Their Volnation” - No way they have a site that can even be compared to ours. Let’s just call it “Their site”. 😀

Not really related to your post, but no one should ever get angry at a high school kid for transferring, going pro or backing out of a commitment, because they see what these coaches do every year. Coaches in the NCAA are only loyal to their next paycheck, (coaches flashing the VFL sign are a joke). Why should we expect a young adult to remain committed when there's a good chance their coach will not be there next year because they got offered more at another university? Coaches preach sacrifice, commitment and integrity to these kids and then leave when they get a better offer somewhere else. Some will say that they have to do what is in their best interest and that is the problem with our culture today...everyone is doing what is in their best interest. What about these boys? What kind of example is being set for them? What is in their best interests?

Not really related to your post, but no one should ever get angry at a high school kid for transferring, going pro or backing out of a commitment, because they see what these coaches do every year. Coaches in the NCAA are only loyal to their next paycheck, (coaches flashing the VFL sign are a joke). Why should we expect a young adult to remain committed when there's a good chance their coach will not be there next year because they got offered more at another university? Coaches preach sacrifice, commitment and integrity to these kids and then leave when they get a better offer somewhere else. Some will say that they have to do what is in their best interest and that is the problem with our culture today...everyone is doing what is in their best interest. What about these boys? What kind of example is being set for them? What is in their best interests?

I for one will always take the call and talk to a potential employer that wants to make me an offer. I have had several in my 30 plus year career. Most offers I have turned down. If the one being sought after is looking to better themselves, I can't fault them. I have an obligation to my family and to my self to be happy with my profession. If more money, better boss, new location, better working conditions, better hours, or a new challenge makes someone happy, I wish them luck and move on. Every decision is a gamble. I have had three jobs since 1989; one for 18 years, one for 8 years and currently one for 5 years. I'm not actively seeking a new job, but offers do present themselves.

I can promise you one thing, if you quit tomorrow your job will be posted within 24 hours. A wise man told me once that when you have worked 40 hours and your employer has paid you for that 40 hours at the end of the week, the two of you are even. No one owes the other a thing.

It's hard for die hard fans to accept the fact that not every coach or athlete that has been a part of Tennessee Football grew up being a Volunteer fan. For a coach it is a job and nothing more. For an athlete it's an opportunity to play in the SEC, get exposure for the future, get coached an improve their skills, atmosphere, teammates, playing time, competition, and a whole myriad of things a young person must decide on. It's a difficult process. Just think if their favorite team or conference doesn't even make an offer. They have to learn sometime that college sports is much like a business. People leave or are fired for lack of performance. It might suck, but that's life. Put on your big boy pants and move forward. It's a tough decision, give'em a break.

Last edited:
don't care if he goes, no one is bigger than the university...Coach/AD Fulmer will help in finding someone, if needed...

GO BIG ORANGE!

Not that I don’t agree with you in some capacity, but what do you expect when we now have schools firing coaches in their second year. There’s no loyalty to coaches, so I can see why they don’t have loyalty to schools anymore.

This could be a pretty effective countermeasure on the coaching carousel. This is pretty smart on their part. If we now have to offer Neids more to keep him, we can’t offer Graham as much.

Reactions: Volunteer_Kirby
This could be a pretty effective countermeasure on the coaching carousel. This is pretty smart on their part. If we now have to offer Neids more to keep him, we can’t offer Graham as much.

We have enough to offer both anything we want to offer them. A and M are the idiots paying almost 10 million to just one coach.

Can’t- doubt that . Won’t- probably

We have enough to offer both anything we want to offer them. A and M are the idiots paying almost 10 million to just one coach.
Who won't win a championship.He had it easy in the Acc.Clemson was pretty good but just starting there push to be a upper echelon program. He will have a much rougher time at a&m.

We need to pay him whatever it takes to keep him recruiting for us!

Top recruiters is 1 of the best ways we'll catch up to the top programs in the nation.

Getting WINS is the other way.

Takes recruiting 1st to get to the 2nd way.

VFL...GBO!!!

Reactions: allvols4life
I agree we have more than enough to spend. Being able to spend and being willing to spend are two different things. I’m more optimistic since fulmer increased the staff salary bank significantly a couple of years ago though. It’s a question of just how much our administration wants to win. Bama has shown that spending can lead to a competitive advantage.

VN Store

Back