Rucker: Rising O-line could lift all boats for 2020 Vols

kamoshika

Having a great offensive line would go a long way toward speeding up the necessary improvements from so many other spots in the Tennessee program — and not just on offense, either. A great offensive line does so much to help the development of players in the front seven of a program’s defense. Bob Knight used to say an athlete could learn a lot from being benched, because the force of putting a guy’s butt on the bench sends signals up toward the brain that he needs to improve. I think the exact same thing could be said for football players getting knocked onto their tailpipes every day on the practice field.

A great offensive line doesn’t guarantee that everything else in an offense — let alone an entire team — will fall perfectly into place. But it can and absolutely does help every other place in the program. And that’s exactly why you should be feeling pretty good about the offensive line Pruitt and his staff are building at Tennessee.
Rucker: Rising O-line could lift all boats for 2020 Vols

Detailed outlook: Tennessee's projected 2020 starting O-line has elite potential

Last edited:
Was JG playing safety against BYU?
Pretty sure that ball was thrown on Taylor but ok lets say the saftey was late for the sake of the argument. JG got the the ball rolling for BYU. They were on the verge of quitting and he throws an int that gets returned to our 20 right after halftime. That was the most pivotal play in the game becuase it gave them instant momentum. We ended up going the entire second half without a TD

Reactions: Lilcarl731
One 200yard games doesn't mean he will have a 1000+ yard season lol

Have you watched this season...at all? He's the only back on the roster that decisively hits the hole in stride and doesn't dance (Chandler) or pick the wrong gap and run into his own linemen (Jordan). Pass pro kept Gray off the field for a large chunk of the season, but if he improves in that area over the offseason he should be the unquestioned started in 2020. Behind the potential O line we'll have, he could easily go for 1,200+

Have you watched this season...at all? He's the only back on the roster that decisively hits the hole in stride and doesn't dance (Chandler) or pick the wrong gap and run into his own linemen (Jordan). Pass pro kept Gray off the field for a large chunk of the season, but if he improves in that area over the offseason he should be the unquestioned started in 2020. Behind the potential O line we'll have, he could easily go for 1,200+

Put about 20-25 pounds on the boy yet keep his speed. Then I'd say we got a 1.5K RB and maybe a few hundreds more.

Screenshot_20200114-132114.png

Reactions: SmilezDavis
In all honesty our best game was against south Carolina and we should of been playing at that level the entire season

Trey Smith is ready to join forces with another former in-state five-star prospect on Tennessee's offensive line during his senior season. The All-SEC guard from Jackson has had a longstanding relationship with Cade Mays...and...Smith is looking forward to playing with his new teammate and old friend.

...“I always wanted to play next to him, man. Just a Tennessee thing, being from the state, I always thought it’d be cool to play with a dominant lineman, man. You always want to play with monsters on the field with you, people that are like-minded, and I feel like a lot of times we’re like-minded in the way we play the game. I’m really excited.”

...“If he wins this appeal, I’m praying that he does...It’s something I’ve been thinking about since high school, honestly, I was a little disappointed when he didn’t come here, but he made the ultimate decision for himself at that time. It’s really exciting times. If he plays next to me, man, we’re going to maul the hell out of some people, man. I can’t wait.”
Trey Smith ready to 'maul the hell out of people' with Cade Mays

No he was playing QB that kept going 3 and out all game. Should not have been a game within reach for BYU if we had an intermural level of QB.

He threw for 415 yds against a SEC school...might be bit of a stretch for an intramural level QB.

Reactions: k-town_king

VN Store

Back