Rotation for 2021-2022

zjcvols

"On a Tennessee saturday night."
Staff member
Since the roster is set except for the official enrolling of Tamba (who will probably redshirt anyways). Of course Barnes will experiment some and I doubt he will use a 10 man rotation all year but these are my early, early thoughts.

PG- Chandler 30/Vescovi 10
SG- Vescovi 20/Bailey 10/Powell 10
SF- JJJ 20/Powell 10/Mashack 10
PF- BHH 20/JJJ 10/ORN 10
C- Fulkerson 25/Aidoo 10/BHH 5

Since the roster is set except for the official enrolling of Tamba (who will probably redshirt anyways). Of course Barnes will experiment some and I doubt he will use a 10 man rotation all year but these are my early, early thoughts.

PF- BHH 20/JJJ 10/ORN 10
Pretty much agree except I think Powell gets more minutes probably at the expense of Vescovi and Mashack. I think Bailey gets more minutes early in the season but Mashack gets them later in the season. I think if JJJ gets many minutes at the 4 then ORN's minutes will be very limited. I think Aidoo get more minutes as the season goes on a the expense of ORN.

PF- BHH 20/JJJ 10/ORN 10

Why would Barnes experiment some? I was told that he was stubborn to a fault.

I doubt that Mashack only gets half the minutes that Powell gets.

You better not sleep on Plavsic this year. That guy has been a Barnes project. Usually Barnes projects show some signs in their junior season. Same goes for Nkamhoua. Not saying these guys are starters obviously but that doesn't mean they can't be key contributers behind the talent we have this coming season.

You better not sleep on Plavsic this year. That guy has been a Barnes project. Usually Barnes projects show some signs in their junior season. Same goes for Nkamhoua. Not saying these guys are starters obviously but that doesn't mean they can't be key contributers behind the talent we have this coming season.

Plav isn’t good. Nor will he be SEC quality.

I’m just telling you Plavsic isn’t good.

Now ORN? I still have faith in him. But idk how many minutes are gonna be available.

You’re negative on far more than just Plavsic (BTW, didn’t he start a late game for Fulkerson?). I wouldn’t write off a 7 footer either. Many people don’t physically mature until they are in their mid 20s. I don’t buy into the argument that he can’t grow in the program.

You’re negative on far more than just Plavsic (BTW, didn’t he start a late game for Fulkerson?). I wouldn’t write off a 7 footer either. Many people don’t physically mature until they are in their mid 20s. I don’t buy into the argument that he can’t grow in the program.
The problem with playing Plavsic is that there are only so many minutes to go around. If he is on the court then he is taking minutes away from Aidoo who has much more upside imo. I would much rather Aidoo get more minutes than have a junior year Plasvic take away his developmental minutes. Just my honest opinion

Reactions: JohnnyJava

He’s a 22 year old that for his career averages 2 points and 1 rebound in three years of his college career. He’s not a good athlete and he’s clumsy. He doesn’t really have any skills. It was a miss. It happens. I’m much more excited about Aidoo and what he can do.

The problem with playing Plavsic is that there are only so many minutes to go around. If he is on the court then he is taking minutes away from Aidoo who has much more upside imo. I would much rather Aidoo get more minutes than have a junior year Plasvic take away his developmental minutes. Just my honest opinion

Plavsic is a sophomore.

Players are put on the court in games that give the team the best chance to win each game, not to give minutes to the less experienced ones.

Absolutely. Plavsic had two years to prove something and he hasn’t. And that’s with a redshirt year added. He has barely been able to get consistent minutes. We have better talent at his position. No big deal. He’s a great cheerleader and his teammates like him and nice to have a 7’0
On scout team.

He’s a 22 year old that for his career averages 2 points and 1 rebound in three years of his college career. He’s not a good athlete and he’s clumsy. He doesn’t really have any skills. It was a miss. It happens. I’m much more excited about Aidoo and what he can do.

Well, he’s started 4 games. But Barnes doesn’t have a clue… amiright?

He’s a 7’0 footer that for his career averages 43.4% from the floor and less than 15% rebounding rate. You’ll have to forgive me if I’m struggling to find a future for him

Reactions: b_gann
Well, he’s started 4 games. But Barnes doesn’t have a clue… amiright?

He’s played 6mpg over 32 games and averaged less playing time from last year. He’s 22 years old. You’ll have to forgive me if I’m not exactly seeing a solid rotation player in his future. This is Drew Pember all over again.

Plav isn’t good. Nor will he be SEC quality.
I think plavsic needed playing time more than anything. I don’t think he ever got enough minutes to get into any kind of grove after his good miss state game. I think he could have been a solid SEC player. I think KRN could too. With that said, I doubt he gets it this year with Fulky , BHH and Aidoo on campus. He is not on their level in terms of ability and upside.

You can hold out hope. That is certainly your right. I have seen lots of basketball and seen what makes players successful at the SEC level. I have also seen enough of Plavsic to know I wouldn't waste $1 on a 100/1 bet that he has a productive season this year. It's not anything personal. It's facts based on his limited potential.

You can hold out hope. That is certainly your right. I have seen lots of basketball and seen what makes players successful at the SEC level. I have also seen enough of Plavsic to know I wouldn't waste $1 on a 100/1 bet that he has a productive season this year. It's not anything personal. It's facts based on his limited potential.

I still haven’t forgotten when TGO was praising Drew Pember and his “abilities” and then six weeks later Pember transferred to UNC-Asheville a month later lol

I think it’s fair to say this the most depth we’ve had overall. I can easily see a legit 9 man rotation this team without sacrificing talent.

I still haven’t forgotten when TGO was praising Drew Pember and his “abilities” and then six weeks later Pember transferred to UNC-Asheville a month later lol

You forgot that I pointed out shooting and passing “skills”. A swing and a miss with your recollection game.

I'm thinking it's more like this

PG - Chandler - 30
SG - Bailey - 20+
SF - JJJ - 30+
PF - BHH 26
C - Fulkerson - 30+

Bench -
Vescovi - 20
Powell - 25 - 30
Plavsic - 5
Aidoo - 5
Mashack - 7-10

The more I look at it I could see if BHH & Fulkerson need a breather we will go small ball for a stretch. I also think Bailey/Powell will be interchangeable in the starting lineup.

Reactions: berryvol
You forgot that I pointed out shooting and passing “skills”. A swing and a miss with your recollection game.
And I think that might be at the crux of the issue. Being successful at the SEC level is extremely difficult and takes a lot of combined tools. Your basic assessment of Pember was wrong because those shooting and passing skills didn't have anything to go with them (although he never showed evidence of this shooting ability). And with Plav it is basically just well he is 7'0 tall so he should be able to help?!?! Oh if only it were that simple. Outside of his size the only applicable skill he has is a solid passer.

And I think that might be at the crux of the issue. Being successful at the SEC level is extremely difficult and takes a lot of combined tools. Your basic assessment of Pember was wrong because those shooting and passing skills didn't have anything to go with them (although he never showed evidence of this shooting ability). And with Plav it is basically just well he is 7'0 tall so he should be able to help?!?! Oh if only it were that simple. Outside of his size the only applicable skill he has is a solid passer.

Size isn’t a skill.

He can also shoot the ball. The main thing that he lacks is a nasty disposition. Being timid is something that could get worked out of him in the next 3 years.

Pember mainly needed to add muscle. That was set back with COVID.

Reactions: i2amavol

VN Store

Back