Rose Bowl lost their Trump card

wmcovol

Rose Bowl has long ruled the CF bowl/playoff establishment. Everything evolved around what the Rose Bowl demanded.

Now the Rose Bowl don’t have $hit to say about anything. The two top media teams in the PAC12 in their beloved Rose Bowl has told them “see ya” and joined the Big 10. In the end neither of those 2 schools or the Big10 gave a damn about the Rose Bowl.

The old adage “be kind to people on your way up cause you might see them on your way down” applies to the Rose Bowl.

PAC 12 will cease to exist so the Rose Bowl will not be losing just USC and UCLA, they will be losing the entire conference. While I’ve never understood why people cowed down to the Rose Bowl in the first place, whatever power they had is disappearing rapidly.

It’s long past time for The Rose Bowl to keep being the key component that holds back the rest of college football from evolving . Yes it is scenic and I think should still be a Final 4 venue, but the days where they dictate the date and time of when the CFP should be played hopefully are gone.

Rose Bowl has long ruled the CF bowl/playoff establishment. Everything evolved around what the Rose Bowl demanded.

Now the Rose Bowl don’t have $hit to say about anything. The two top media teams in the PAC12 in their beloved Rose Bowl has told them “see ya” and joined the Big 10. In the end neither of those 2 schools or the Big10 gave a damn about the Rose Bowl.

The old adage “be kind to people on your way up cause you might see them on your way down” applies to the Rose Bowl.
Well... there's always monster truck rallies 😁

Reactions: feathersax
I’d like to personally thank the Rose Bowl and their historical arrogance for UF’s first national title.

Thank you Rose Bowl.
Since geography no longer seems to matter, I think Notre Dame should play half their home games in Pasadena. It would be the perfect match of arrogance and lack of self awareness .

PAC 12 will cease to exist so the Rose Bowl will not be losing just USC and UCLA, they will be losing the entire conference. While I’ve never understood why people cowed down to the Rose Bowl in the first place, whatever power they had is disappearing rapidly.
Wouldn’t you think the PAC and Big 12 will try to align something into a meg conference?

VN Store

Back