Roman Harper explains Tennessee on the rise, Vols to beat Alabama or Georgia

I would rather beat Georgia than Alabama this year. By the time we play Georgia we will have played 4 SEC games against Florida, LSU, Kentucky, and Alabama. If we take care business against Florida, LSU, and Kentucky then Georgia would be for the lead in the SEC east with South Carolina, Missouri, and Vandy to come. If they were undefeated ranked #1 that would be a a huge statement.
Not beating Bama or GA. This team is built on speed. Speed kills. Show me a faster team than what we have? Not Ky or Pitt, maybe LSU or Fl?

Man, wish we had uga at Neyland this year. I’d put some serious money on a senior Hooker vs their totally inexperienced D. We’re taking them deep into the 4th at their place this year, but our D might not be able to hold up. Maybe Heup will have some magic though.

It will be much sweeter if we beat them in their own house.

Reactions: BlinghamptonVol
I could care less about “consistent” or a “regular basis” this year. A 1 game win streak over either would be BIG.
That's right, brother. You tell him. We're gonna eat the elephant one bite at a time.

Go Vols!

Absolutely!! Them was the good ole days. Back when you had to buy a NEWS-paper to get the lowdown. Thanks for bringing it up! Name me a few writers from that era!
You're showing your age. The ones I remember most were FM Williams and Raymond Johnson of the Tennessean and John Bibb and Edgar Allen who wrote for the Banner. Yes, thems wuz the good old days. We subscribed to both papers and I remember I had to beat my father to them so I could get the sports pages first.

Reactions: JohnWardForever
You're showing your age. The ones I remember most were FM Williams and Raymond Johnson of the Tennessean and John Bibb and Edgar Allen who wrote for the Banner. Yes, thems wuz the good old days. We subscribed to both papers and I remember I had to beat my father to them so I could get the sports pages first.
Ward Gossett Chat Times, Alf Van Hoose BHam News are two that come to mind for me. Added---Dennis Smitherman; Mobile Register.

Last edited:
If the Vols could somehow take out Florida and Georgia, I'd think there was a good chance they'd get a re-match with Alabama.

VN Store

Back