Rolando Melancon

Xanny

His Lutcher team won the 3A title 27 - 7. He was the title game outstanding player. Changed his number froom 99 to 66 so they could use him on the OL also.

Isn't he supposed to announce his decision soon? Seems like I read something about that in a thread on this board.

New interview with him on rivals. He says UT is his overwhelming favorite. He says that he is all but commited but just hasnt gone through with it yet. He said he might call Fulmer on Christmas and give him a Christmas present. He says he will take his visit to Ole Miss and Arkasas because it will be like a free "little vacation" and will not even visit LSU.

Any commitment of the DL is a good one. We are pretty thin there and we need some depth. We had better sign at least 2 more other than Melancon though.

You sure about that? I didn't think it was even mathematically possible for anyone to pass texas at this point.

Four five stars and one four star could make it possible. Plus the points system on Rivals is based off of positions. Not sure which position means more but I would say it is defensive positions.

Are we going to have enough schollies for Donald, Melancon, Berry, and some other studs still putting UT at #1?

We won't leave any studs out of this class that want to commit. Believe me, UT can pull some strings & greyshirt a few to get 'em signed.

Is it true we only had 1 offensive lineman recruited? If so wow, Atkins outta be familiar with his group.

2 OL(Pope and Sawtelle)

USC will also have a top notch class after they land about 5 5*s to finish their class.

we already have 23 commits... i seriously dont see taking 4 more on board. i thought the limit was 25? i've never seen a class with 27 commits

we already have 23 commits... i seriously dont see taking 4 more on board. i thought the limit was 25? i've never seen a class with 27 commits

What? Go back to last year's classes and look at how many people took. The limit is 25 signatured schollys handed out in one class. We will with 100% certainty take more than 25 verbals. A number of these guys (3, maybe 4) will count towards last years class, so they do not count towards that 25 scholly limit. Plus, a number of them (again, maybe as many as 3 or 4) will not qualify academically and therefore they will not count towards that 25 scholly limit. On signing day we will probably take around 28-30 commitments.

We are probably going to be helped out some with the numbers in terms of who we already have. Our lowest valued recruit at this point is looking at switching to South Carolina. That would help with numbers and really wouldnt be a big deal because he does not look to be overly impressive. His high school numbers are not great. His combine numbers are not great. And, his video on rivals is certainly not impressive.

VN Store

Back