Rodney Garner

Someone mentioned recruiting, I had always thought that Garner was one of the better recruiters in the SEC. I know that Fulmer's recruiting took a big hit when he and that towel waving guy (forgot his name) left.

Really surprised they let him go. I like Rocker. He's a damn good coach, but the recruiting drop off will be big.

Really surprised they let him go. I like Rocker. He's a damn good coach, but the recruiting drop off will be big.
I saw him as an Auburn institution...an alum new regimes inherited all the way until he retired.

Reactions: m1al
Someone mentioned recruiting, I had always thought that Garner was one of the better recruiters in the SEC. I know that Fulmer's recruiting took a big hit when he and that towel waving guy (forgot his name) left.
I don't know if you are joking. Garner was the towel waving guy.

Especially when his son was at vandy and he was there every time he pitched as i would have been as well

Towel in hand, Arkansas State's Taylor makes 1st return to Auburn

Trooper Taylor (and his towel) returns to Auburn

21058667-small.jpg

Reactions: GordonC
I think most people would agree he’s a top tier recruiter first but you don’t put guys in the league year after year if you can’t develop talent
I would venture to say all those 5 stars put there selves in the league, but, whatever.

I would venture to say all those 5 stars put there selves in the league, but, whatever.
I would think you’ve been a fan of Tennessee long enough to know that being highly rated doesn’t guarantee success. Even if he had zero to do with their development he deserves credit for identifying these future NFL players while they’re still in high school

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN

VN Store

Back