Rodney Garner - Coaching Status at UT

Spook1

Ancient Vol
Several days ago, Rodney Garner was at UT and supposedly was being hired for the coaching staff. There has been no comments of his status. Can anyone give us an update. I strongly support hiring Garner and feel he would be an asset for the UT football program.

Reactions: mattutk2005
Several days ago, Rodney Garner was at UT and supposedly was being hired for the coaching staff. There has been no comments of his status. Can anyone give us an update. I strongly support hiring Garner and feel he would be an asset for the UT football program.
I believe they are waiting on the whole defensive staff before announcing anything. Pete Thamel broke both the Garner and banks hires so I have no reason not to believe it. Garner and Banks apparently know each other according to VQ. He's probably the best we could realistically do as well at D Line, and I'm sure Banks knows that. I don't think there's anything to worry about.

There has been comment. He is a confirmed hire

Reactions: nesbuddha66
RODNEY!

tenor.gif

I don’t think there’s any need to worry just yet. But this isn’t a non-thing. It’s certainly interesting that there’s been an official announcement for Banks, but not Garner yet. If he hasn’t signed yet, it’s possible Malzahn could offer him DC...

I don’t think there’s any need to worry just yet. But this isn’t a non-thing. It’s certainly interesting that there’s been an official announcement for Banks, but not Garner yet. If he hasn’t signed yet, it’s possible Malzahn could offer him DC...

Reactions: VolNExile
Garner will coach the DL. I am wondering about Steele. I would have liked to keep him. But with the LB coach taken, it seems unlikely.

Reactions: alvinkamara
Steele is out unless they split the LB duties, or they want him to be an analyst.
Really didn't want Martinez on this staff, and I certainly don't want Steele. Speaking of Martinez, I think McCleskey would have been a much better choice. We need fresh faces and new energy/ideas. Tired of these recycled coaches.

VN Store

Back