Rodney Alexander

I think that Pearl will sign him for two reasons.

1. We need inside depth.
2. I think that banking 5 scholarships for a single recruiting season could come back to bite Pearl. It would be nice to balance the numbers for the '09 class as a few others have mentioned in this thread.

We may be high on some recruits' lists, but we can't have 5 guys being 50-50, so I do agree with that point, because it was sort of what I was trying to say.

Even if he is just 6'7", we could really use another forward who we can count on to contribute something off the bench.

Is there a limit on how many players you can sign in one year, in a two-year span, etc., beyond the fact that there can be no more than 13 total? I think there was a rule like that at some point. And, how does the Passley/APR situation affect things? Everything I read says UT has 1 scholarship available this Spring, despite the fact that 11 players are currently signed.

No limit on signees except overall limit of 13.

Alexander is out, visit cancelled by UT

Since Alexander was never offered a scholarship and seems Pearl wasn't going to offer a scholarship no sense in taking up his time.

It got cancelled because he wasn't better than the 08 recruits Pearl is recruiting. That simple.

VN Store

Back