Rocky Top League

I should say I don't think he would have started when I was there. I'm almost 100% positive he wouldn't have started this past season (and they didn't have major D-I talent)

And if he would have played they STILL wouldn't have had D-1 talent...
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I have no idea what would happen, but I'd almost pay to see a 3 on 3 game between any 3 people on here and Jordan Howell/Steven Pearl/Ryan Childress.

Those poor guys take a ridiculous amount of cheap shots. They aren't stellar talents, but they're human and do their best.

I have no idea what would happen, but I'd almost pay to see a 3 on 3 game between any 3 people on here and Jordan Howell/Steven Pearl/Ryan Childress.

Those poor guys take a ridiculous amount of cheap shots. They aren't stellar talents, but they're human and do their best.

The difference between Howell and Childress versus Steven is that the previous two were decently recruited athletes and that Steven was a mediocre player at a very talent devoid West High School and he played more than Childress this past year when Chill got back in playing shape. Jordan never quite panned out the way we thought he would be, but he was 10x the player lil Pearl will ever be.

True enough, but it's not like he puts himself on the team, or in the game. He plays hard and does whatever he's asked to do. Blame the coach for putting him in, but don't hate on the kid.

That being said, if he's the price we pay for actually having a competitive basketball program, I'll deal with it. He won't be in school forever.

I had no problem with Howell or Childress.

When they came here, that was the level of talent we could get. They played with heart and mediocre talent.

Steven Pearl screams at refs in the Rocky Top League.
FAIL

Are Jujuan and Chris playing for the rest of the league or was this just a one stop thing? I tried to go Monday but security wouldn't let anyone in because it was so packed.

The last couple years there have been highlights on youtube for the RTL. Surprised there are not any this year.

Are Jujuan and Chris playing for the rest of the league or was this just a one stop thing? I tried to go Monday but security wouldn't let anyone in because it was so packed.

They're in the league. JaJuan is playing for News Sentinel. Chris is playing for Choice Spine.

I continue to be surprised that UK hasn't started a league like this. There would be fights on the sidewalk as people trample each other trying to get in.

I went tonight and watched the second and third games. I was actually surprised by Kenny Hall. He worked hard to post up and played Williams tough. He needs better hands and a better shooting touch, but he might be able to contribute some.

Did anyone that went see Hopson? He was the one I didn't get to sign my basketball. Btw, Tyler Smith threw down some sick dunks tonight as did Tatum too
Posted via VolNation Mobile

My thoughts (Keep in mind I know pretty much nothing)

LOL at Woolridge. How he even has a scholarship when he's sitting on the bench of a 6 man team during crunch time amazes me.

CJ Watson was pretty clearly the best player and he wasn't even taking it seriously.

Tyler Smith had some sickass dunks

The lack of post game was kinda disturbing.

Weezy did pretty solid from 3 and had a few nice drives.

McBee had a couple good shots

Hopson didn't do good at all in the 1st half but started doing a whole lot better in the 2nd half.

Higgins was a beast. How old is he again?

Cam Tatum wasn't even the best player on his team it seemed like. Mike Smith from ETSU is pretty good.

A little disappointed Lofton and JaJuan didn't play.

Maze looked good. He blew by everyone when he wanted pretty much.

My thoughts (Keep in mind I know pretty much nothing)

LOL at Woolridge. How he even has a scholarship when he's sitting on the bench of a 6 man team during crunch time amazes me.

CJ Watson was pretty clearly the best player and he wasn't even taking it seriously.

Tyler Smith had some sickass dunks

The lack of post game was kinda disturbing.

Weezy did pretty solid from 3 and had a few nice drives.

McBee had a couple good shots

Hopson didn't do good at all in the 1st half but started doing a whole lot better in the 2nd half.

Higgins was a beast. How old is he again?

Cam Tatum wasn't even the best player on his team it seemed like. Mike Smith from ETSU is pretty good.

A little disappointed Lofton and JaJuan didn't play.

Maze looked good. He blew by everyone when he wanted pretty much.
I had the same thoughts about Woolridge, and to be honest he was kind of unfriendly to everybody that walked up wanting an autograph from him, at least when I was in line he seemed unfriendly

I left before I could find CJ Watson and Scotty Hopson, those are the only 2 I didn't get

Maze did look good I just hope he can take over this year like he did tonight but I have a feeling that's wishful thinking because I don't think there was anyone on the other team that could keep up with him at all

FWIW, Tyler Smith and Bobby Maze were the nicest guys out of everyone I met tonight aside from Brian Williams, Tyler and Bobby both had no problem taking pics and signing autographs for me

What happened to Ron Slay? Did he play last night? His name wasn't mentioned in the KNS article.

Slay, Black, Lofton, and JaJuan didn't play.

Like over half of HT groups team wasn't there. They only had 5 people for like the first half and a 6th man showed up near halftime IIRC.

VN Store

Back