Rocky Top League Championship

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Great finish tonight at Bearden High School. The favored Knoxville News Sentinel team with JaJuan, Bradshaw, Hopson, Brian Williams and Skyler McBee came up just short down the stretch after a great comeback. By my memory, they were down 13 with about 4 minutes remaining.

HT Group (with Chism and Woolridge) are the 2009 RTL champions.

I'm uploading some photos that will be available shortly.

Great finish tonight at Bearden High School. The favored Knoxville News Sentinel team with JaJuan, Bradshaw, Hopson, Brian Williams and Skyler McBee came up just short down the stretch after a great comeback. By my memory, they were down 13 with about 4 minutes remaining.

HT Group (with Chism and Woolridge) are the 2009 RTL champions.

I'm uploading some photos that will be available shortly.
That was probably due more to Chism than Woolridge lol

God love him, Woolridge couldn't hit TBA with a truck half the time

Last edited:
JaJuan missed a three that would have tied it with under a minute to go. Then, down four with about ten seconds left, he got off a three from the corner. Just as he released it, he was fouled. The ball was halfway down and rimmed out.

JaJuan missed a three that would have tied it with under a minute to go. Then, down four with about ten seconds left, he got off a three from the corner. Just as he released it, he was fouled. The ball was halfway down and rimmed out.
I thought about going back tonight, it sounds like I should have went

71.jpg

HT Group is legit. Chism+Boo Jackson+Jon Primm is probably the best trio in the league that I can think of. The HS kid was pretty solid too

I really wish UK had a league like this. It sounds great, sounds like an awesome opportunity to see all your favorite past and current players on the floor together..makes me a little jealous :p

I really wish UK had a league like this. It sounds great, sounds like an awesome opportunity to see all your favorite past and current players on the floor together..makes me a little jealous :p

I don't know why they haven't started one yet.

I don't know why they haven't started one yet.

Me neither really. I hear about past UK players still living in Lexington and throughout KY, so it makes me wonder why they cant round them all up and start a league :dunno:

They probably play pick up with former players during the summer already. So, it wouldn't be too hard.

As big as UK basketball is they probably couldn't find a place big enough to hold something like that
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Its time for Dane Bradshaw to hang it up, he thinks he is a super star and was taking 3 at the end of games when he has no business taking 3s. You could tell Scotty was mad about how JuJuan and Dane were playing a 2 man game in the last 3 minutes when it should have been Scotty and JuJuan. Dane may be a fan favorite, but if he is going to play next year he should be a rebounder and defender and thats it. He should never shoot threes especially ones from nba range like he was doing last night.

Its time for Dane Bradshaw to hang it up, he thinks he is a super star and was taking 3 at the end of games when he has no business taking 3s. You could tell Scotty was mad about how JuJuan and Dane were playing a 2 man game in the last 3 minutes when it should have been Scotty and JuJuan. Dane may be a fan favorite, but if he is going to play next year he should be a rebounder and defender and thats it. He should never shoot threes especially ones from nba range like he was doing last night.

I don't remember Scotty taking a shot in the last four minutes.

Wow man! Its glorified pick up basketball. Chill a little!

This is a joke, right? It's a pick up game. :eek:lol:

Maybe it was, but the point is pretty much right. I don't want Dane on my team if he believes he needs to shoot.
Agreed, but the real question here is, who would you take if you had to pick between Reynaldo and Dane? lol

1st time I ever attended the event was Thurs championship and I made the 2 hr trip to Knoxville. Was pretty fun but laid back. Just real neat to see the players face to face. I would like to see Lofton and CJ play mext year. Can't wait next year to see Selby.

1st time I ever attended the event was Thurs championship and I made the 2 hr trip to Knoxville. Was pretty fun but laid back. Just real neat to see the players face to face. I would like to see Lofton and CJ play mext year. Can't wait next year to see Selby.
I wish I would have went Thursday night but man you missed some sick dunks by Tyler Smith the night before

VN Store

Back