Robert Meachem or Kelley Washington?

Are we talking in a cage match or MMA style fight to the death? If its in a football game then the stats don't lie, I will take Meachum.
Meachum
SUMMARY

Career
G

AV
Rec
Yds
Y/R
TD
FantPt

Washington
SUMMARY

Career
G

AV
Rec
Yds
Y/R
TD
FantPt

Is this one a real question? Meachem, without a doubt. That guy knew how to run routes, block, catch, everything. And did it as a team player while sharing time with Swain.

Washington was talented and had better raw athletic ability, but also a pre-Madonna :)p) using us as a stepping stone to the NFL. I never really cared for him too much.

Does Washington still hold the single game receiving yardage record? Against Saban’s LSU team in 01, if memory serves me correctly...

Kelly Washington was the most athletically gifted receiver Tennessee has ever had, but as they say, "your most valuable skill is being available." what happened to Washington was not fair, but he wasn't the best personally i heard. you would have to get to his team mates to know the truth, but i can tell you i jumped up and down when he went to cinci, bcause it was short drive to see him play. he was never the same btw. the injury killed his career.

The more i think about it, the more i think Washington laid a path for the current nfl. he was ostracized by the league for "showing off", and hated for being "showy", but you knew the guy was special, he just went against norms at the time.

Meach and its really not close.

KW had some really great games, but he never came close to the consistency of Meach.

Meach was a better player, teammate, blocker, and natural route runner too.

Reactions: VolFaninFla
Kelly Washington was the most athletically gifted receiver Tennessee has ever had, but as they say, "your most valuable skill is being available." what happened to Washington was not fair, but he wasn't the best personally i heard. you would have to get to his team mates to know the truth, but i can tell you i jumped up and down when he went to cinci, bcause it was short drive to see him play. he was never the same btw. the injury killed his career.

uh, sticking with Carl Pickens here as most athletically gifted UT receiver

too bad Pickens and Washington didn't play at the same time for Bengals

uh, sticking with Carl Pickens here as most athletically gifted UT receiver

too bad Pickens and Washington didn't play at the same time for Bengals

true, but out of pocket and not comparable. imo Washington was the most athletic, but did not do the rest of the advertisements.

Reactions: HalfullVol
The more i think about it, the more i think Washington laid a path for the current nfl. he was ostracized by the league for "showing off", and hated for being "showy", but you knew the guy was special, he just went against norms at the time.
Meh, Chad Johnson (or Ochocinco), Randy Moss and Terrell Owens were contemporaries of his and they all craved attention and were equally arrogant. That isn't unusual at all for an NFL WR. Those guys backed it up with great numbers, however. KW had a very forgettable NFL career.

VN Store

Back