Rob Preston(athens Chamber of Commerce President) cries to the Times Free Press

bragging about an ignore list is one of the most childish moves on a message board. Congrats

As someone who occasionally uses the ignore feature, I just do not agree with this attitude. It's not bragging to tell someone that his writing became something you do not want to read. You're just telling the person what he should be told, instead of corrupting the board with one long pissing contest after another. That's not childish, and there is nothing cowardly about it; it's called honesty. Avoiding bad relationships and personal feuds is common sense, especially in public places where they disrupt other people. It is the responsible, adult thing to do.

If you really believe what you say about the Ignore feature, then why don't you speak to Freak and insist that he change its name to the Childish feature or the Cowardly feature? He will probably do a better job of explaining it to you than I can.

Reactions: 3 people
So . . . if you're using the ignore feature to avoid all of that, don't junk up threads with acknowledgement that you're ignoring somebody in a passive aggressive attempt to annoy them.

So . . . if you're using the ignore feature to avoid all of that, don't junk up threads with acknowledgement that you're ignoring somebody in a passive aggressive attempt to annoy them.

I meant it as a service to high in particular, and the board in general. If he's made aware that I'm not even going to read his screeds, then perhaps he won't clutter up threads trying to go after me personally. I'm not going to post the ignore message again, but I gave him confirmation since he clearly didn't believe me when I first told him.

Yes, exactly like that.

Did you really think I'd say something else?

No, nothing like that, not one person has threatened any sort of violence towards anyone involved. You are grasping at straws so much that you are falling apart straw man.

No, nothing like that, not one person has threatened any sort of violence towards anyone involved. You are grasping at straws so much that you are falling apart straw man.

I did not equate the two situations. I simply confirmed that both are examples of putting way too much personsal stake into sports. I do not think your boycott is on the level of trying to kill someone, if that needed to be clarified.

This is going on still? Holy cud! I see the Bammer is still acting like an elitist on a rival forum. You're not better than anyone here, just a lot more desperate.

When you pay me to read and write on this board, then you can tell me what to read and write on this board. You don't pay me, so I am free to make my own decisions about what comes in and out of my home. You are free to misunderstand what I write and you may be free to deliberately misrepresent it for malicious purposes, as you just did in the above post...even though that is a violation of board rules. I am not free to put you on ignore when you "junk up threads" with insulting personal attacks, because you are above the rules. If I were, I would.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back