Rob Lanier

Hoosier_Vol

Vol Stuck in B1G 10 Hell
An early name at Buffalo is Tennessee associate head coach Rob Lanier. The former head coach at Siena (2001-05) is a Buffalo native who has also been an assistant at Texas, Florida, and Virginia. Will have more names soon.

Hoping he stays here and potentially is a replacement for Barnes. Thinking he currently has a kid playing at a local school, so maybe that will keep him here for the time being.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
I definitely think both coach Lanier and coach Oliver are a huge part of this program and really don’t want to lose either. I hate to ruffle feathers and say this but I’m going to anyway, I would rather the UTAD go cheap and hire KJ-H to coach the Lady Vols and pay these two a little more if it would keep them in this program! I know I’m gonna catch he!! from some over this comment but it’s just my opinion. And I love me some Lady Vols!
GBO!!

Who’s our best recruiter? B-ball players tend to follow their recruiters more than football

Not the least bit excited by this whole "coach in waiting" bit, but that aside, what's the hoopla with Lanier? Granted, I don't really know much about him, but if I'm being honest, I'd be more interested in Forbes.

Not the least bit excited by this whole "coach in waiting" bit, but that aside, what's the hoopla with Lanier? Granted, I don't really know much about him, but if I'm being honest, I'd be more interested in Forbes.
Lanier was the head coach at Sienna from 2001-05, took them to the NCAAT, and helped them beat Alcorn State to make it to the Field of 64. Not sure why he hasn't gotten a head coaching job since then, but he's been an assistant at Texas, Virginia, Florida, and Tennessee

Dean Lockwood may be out of a job soon would Barnes hire him? He worked for Devoe long ago.

Lanier was the head coach at Sienna from 2001-05, took them to the NCAAT, and helped them beat Alcorn State to make it to the Field of 64. Not sure why he hasn't gotten a head coaching job since then, but he's been an assistant at Texas, Virginia, Florida, and Tennessee
He was an assistant with Barnes before the Siena job. And he followed Barnes from Texas to Tennessee the second time around.

I grew up in NY (about 45 min from Siena) and had family that attended Siena College (I actually applied when I was thinking about going Green to Gold). Other than that NCAA Tournament season he wasn't all that impressive IIRC (this was around when I was a Jr/Sr in HS).

Reactions: AngryButchJones

VN Store

Back