Riverdale (CW)

CagleMtnVol

riverdale_zpsdpfnltqr.png

Riverdale is an American teen drama television series based on the characters by Archie Comics

In the sleepy town of Riverdale, high school student Jason Blossom drowned in the river during the summer under mysterious circumstances and his body was never recovered. When the new school year starts, Veronica Lodge moves into town with her mother who fled from New York City following a scandal with her estranged husband. Veronica is befriended by the awkward Betty Cooper and football star Archie Andrews.

Developed for Television by Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa who is the Chief Creative Officer of Archie Comics and has also Wrote & Produced episodes of Big Love, Glee and most recently Supergirl.

Executive producer: Greg Berlanti (Arrow, The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow & Supergirl

Starring:

K. J. Apa as Archie Andrews
Lili Reinhart as Betty Cooper
Camila Mendes as Veronica Lodge
Cole Sprouse as Jughead Jones
Marisol Nichols as Hermione Lodge
Madelaine Petsch as Cheryl Blossom
Ashleigh Murray as Josie McCoy
Mädchen Amick as Alice Cooper
Luke Perry as Fred Andrews

Recurring Cast:
Ross Butler as Reggie Mantle
Casey Cott as Kevin Keller
Cody Kearsley as Moose Mason
Sarah Habel as Geraldine Grundy
Lochlyn Munro as Hal Cooper
Ashanti Bromfield as Melody Valentine
Hayley Law as Valerie Brown
Olivia Ryan Stern as Tina Patel
Daniel Yang as Dilton Doiley
Shannon Purser as Ethel Muggs
Skeet Ulrich as FP Jones
Rob Raco as Joaquin
Raúl Castillo as Oscar
Tiera Skovbye as Polly Cooper
Molly Ringwald as Mary Andrews
Jordan Calloway as Chuck Clayton
Tom McBeath as Smithers

I meant to post this a couple of days ago ahead of last night's season premier but if you missed it and want to check it our I'm sure its on demand or Netflix or something.

I know very little about the Archie Comics universe other than main characters along with Josie and the *****cats and Sabrina (who will be included into the show eventually according to writers/producers).

I really liked the feel of the show. Amazing cinematography for a CW TV show. It felt a bit like the MTV Teen Wolf show but more polished.

I liked the cast and thought the chemistry was good despite several of the young actors never being in anything before.

It was nice seeing Luke Perry in something again along with the guy who played Colonel Harry Maybourne on Stargate SG1 as Veronica's butler.

While the ratings was a little soft for the "Pilot" for those that saw it it is getting positive reviews Rotten Tomatoes has given it a Certified Fresh Rating of 86% with an Audience Score of 85%

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssUJTHZIDlA[/youtube]
Riverdale | Chapter One: The River's Edge Scene |

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9xcPvv1Fh8[/youtube]
Riverdale | Chapter Two: A Touch of Evil Trailer |

Last edited:
The commercials made it seem like a blatant Twin Peaks rip-off with Archie characters.

It has that feel on purpose one article on the show I saw said it's "Archie meets David Lynch" It has some soap opera trash & taboo that may go to for from its wholesome roots.

Not to give to much away but the show opens with what will lead you to think "Incest" which leads into a HS kid "presumed" dead as his body is missing as the show opens.

There is a number other secrets that about ever character carries. There is of course the Gay character(s?), Student/Teacher affair, Possible Lesbian characters with Kiss and that all leads to the "Who done it?" with the last two or three minutes of the episode.

The biggest mystery on the show may be Jugghead as he was scene more than heard for most of the episode and apparently he & Archie used to be big buddies but something happened to cause a rift.

It's also been rumored that it will have a supernatural element as well since the creator/producers have said they will eventually (if the show stays on the air past season one) add Sabrina (The Teenage Witch) to the show.

Like I said I was pleasantly surprised and highly recommend folks to check it out for themselves it may not be for everyone but I kind of like trashy/teen dramas especially when they have a mysterious/supernatural feel to them.

The commercials made it seem like a blatant Twin Peaks rip-off with Archie characters.

And everyone is super hot and beautiful. ****sake Archie has a 8 pack abs which he showed off 3 times in one episode I think.

It's teenager bait television....I.e. The CW.

And everyone is super hot and beautiful. ****sake Archie has a 8 pack abs which he showed off 3 times in one episode I think.

It's teenager bait television....I.e. The CW.

The TV series is based off the rebooted Archie comics Universe from 2015, not the old classic series.

Attachments

• Archie2015_01-0.jpg
    Archie2015_01-0.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 559eeb7f1b0000d30427f818.jpg
    559eeb7f1b0000d30427f818.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 0
This show is freaking awesome! :rock:

Tonight we got the first appearance of Skeet Ulrich as Jughead's dad.

For those who might be interested in seeing how this show started the CW is reairing the "Pilot" episode tonight!

First CW show I have ever watched, its not too bad, keeps me interested.

The Season One Finale is Tonight!

I'm about 4 episodes behind but I've got them on my DVR and may try and marathon the final episodes tonight or tomorrow!

Finally finished up the last three episodes last night and I was really surprised that it wasn't Betty's dad that killed Jason.

So there was "Incest" going on it just wasn't Cheryl & Jason (at least that we know of?) but cousins Jason & Polly. That remark from Cheryl's mom after the truth comes "Those twins are going to have even more Blossom blood than we thought!" Wow!

I was kinda expecting that Archie would be related to the Blossoms given the red hair and after it was announced that Molly Ringwald was playing his mother. (Maybe that's for another season?)

Also Betty clearly has some pent-up issues that's going to go off at some point.

Did anyone else spot the (at least to me) not so subtle nod to Sabrina coming in season 2? There was the headline on the paper that said something about "witches" and then I think it was Betty say "Something wicked this way comes"?

Just watched the first episode. Wasn't expecting to like it as much as I did.

It was a great final episod for the season 1 finale.

Extremely confusing if Jughead isn't going to be A Southside Serpent but still wear the jacket.

I didn't realize until the second episode that jughead is that poor kid who was stuck in a hotel, then a cruise ship for a couple of years.

I didn't realize until the second episode that jughead is that poor kid who was stuck in a hotel, then a cruise ship for a couple of years.

And with a dad that he avoids I'm very surprised he hasn't joined the Southside Serpents since he couldn't rely on his dad.

Riverdale | Comic-Con® 2017 - S1 Bloopers and S2 Trailer
* If you don't want to see the bloopers move to 2:50.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKUOfdgST5s[/youtube]

Good News....

The CW has announced that a "companion" series is in the works that will focus on Sabrina: The Teenage Witch.

Currently titled The Chilling Adventures Of Sabrina which is based on the comic of the same name published by Archie Horror. It's first issue debuted in October of 2014.

olN2nTv.jpg

One of Archie Comics’ most popular characters, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, has been conspicuously missing from the CW’s Archie-themed drama series Riverdale. Now she is getting her own series.

The CW has put in development The Chilling Adventures Of Sabrina, eyed as a companion series to Riverdale for the 2018-19 season. It comes from the same team as Riverdale: Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa, Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. TV, with Aguirre-Sacasa, who penned the Riverdale pilot, and Lee Toland Krieger, who directed it, reprising their roles on the Sabrina pilot.

A dark drama in the horror genre, The Chilling Adventures Of Sabrina is worlds away from the bubbly 1996 Sabrina, the Teenage Witch comedy series starring Melissa Joan Hart. The new project reimagines the origin and adventures of Sabrina the Teenage Witch as a dark coming-of-age story that traffics in horror, the occult and, of course, witchcraft. Tonally in the vein of Rosemary’s Baby and The Exorcist, this adaptation finds Sabrina wrestling to reconcile her dual nature — half-witch, half-mortal — while standing against the evil forces that threaten her, her family and the daylight world humans inhabit.

Aguirre-Sacasa executive produces the project with Krieger, Berlanti Prods.’ Greg Berlanti and Sarah Schechter as well as Jon Goldwater.

This is the second series offshoot in the works at the CW for the 2018-19 season, along with the Supernatural spinoff Wayward Sisters, which will be introduced as a planted spinoff episode of the mothership series.

It isn't known yet on if the character will be cast in time for an appearance in Riverdale's 2nd season which premiers on October 11th the way Berlanti and the CW did with The Flash series where star Grant Gustin made an appearance on Arrow as Barry Allen before The Flash series debuted the following season.

I'm calling it right now the CW should cast Melissa Joan Hart as one of the Aunts or more likely her mother that way she only has to make guest appearances here and there like they did with John Wesley Shipp on The Flash or Dean Cain/Helen Slater on Supergirl.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back