Rivals Team Rankings in Recruiting

surrealvol

Okay, I do not understand SOME of Rivals' team ranking placement. I know it depends to some extent on how big a four star is rated (5.7 vs 5.5, etc.), but look at these three schools:

5 4 3 Avg.

Michigan 1 3 6 3.50

Oregon 0 5 4 3.56

Tennessee 1 4 5 3.60

Now, Michigan is 53 pts above us and Oregon is 34 pts above us.

Someone please explain...

Okay, I do not understand SOME of Rivals' team ranking placement. I know it depends to some extent on how big a four star is rated (5.7 vs 5.5, etc.), but look at these three schools:

5 4 3 Avg.

Michigan 1 3 6 3.50

Oregon 0 5 4 3.56

Tennessee 1 4 5 3.60

It says something different even now as I look at the page (Tennessee shows even lower than you reported). I think they're updating everything right now and things will level out in a few days.

That being said...

Average player ratings:

Michigan 5.76
Oregon 5.78
Tennessee 5.76

So, IDK.

5 4 3 Avg.

Michigan 1 3 6 3.50

Oregon 0 5 4 3.56

Tennessee 1 4 5 3.60

giphy.gif

Reactions: 5 people
Until everyone has at least 20 commitments on Rivals I think its more informative on their rating system to follow the average points per commitment. In other words compare their perception of quality over numbers. The numbers will change significantly as you go through the recruiting season but the ongoing quality of the numbers tends to have less variability. Conclusion: We're chasing Bama and Georgia and everyone behind us is sh*t.

ScreenHunter_01 Jun. 12 17.15.gif

Reactions: 9 people
Until everyone has at least 20 commitments on Rivals I think its more informative on their rating system to follow the average points per commitment. In other words compare their perception of quality over numbers. The numbers will change significantly as you go through the recruiting season but the ongoing quality of the numbers tends to have less variability. Conclusion: We're chasing Bama and Georgia and everyone behind us is sh*t.

View attachment 158101

Lol seeing Florida that low brings a smile to my face.

Reactions: 4 people
Without doing a ton of research, here's some key things to remember about Rivals

1. Not all 3 stars are the same. A high 3* player is a SEC caliber player. A low 3* player is a AAC level recruit.

2. A high 4* player could be a Top 30-35 player. A lower 4* player could be 300 in the Nation.

3. You get more points for higher rated 5* players (A guy that is #1 in the nation is worth more than one that is #25).

Reactions: 2 people

View attachment 158101

Alabama is recruiting 3 Stars?!?! Blasphemy!

VN Store

Back