RIP Marty Schottenheimer

Boston Vol

Died today at 77. Was moved to hospice last week, so the end was obviously near. Great coach.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends of Coach Schottenheimer. He was a great man and a great head coach who won wherever he was at.

thoughts-and-prayers-candles-gif.gif

Dude probably got screwed more times that anyone. Anytime he was fired or let go the team ended up getting worse. San Diego firing him after 14-2 killed their Super Bowl chances.

Dude probably got screwed more times that anyone. Anytime he was fired or let go the team ended up getting worse. San Diego firing him after 14-2 killed their Super Bowl chances.
Wasn’t he the guy that always choked in the playoffs?

Reactions: BigOrangeAl 1979

He was just like Andy Reid before Reid won his Super Bowl. Marty’s conservative play calling didn’t help but other than the 06 Chargers I’m not sure he ever had the best team.

Reactions: MAD
He was just like Andy Reid before Reid won his Super Bowl. Marty’s conservative play calling didn’t help but other than the 06 Chargers I’m not sure he ever had the best team.
The 1986 Browns were the best regular season team in the AFC.

Reactions: MAD
He won an AFL championship in the pre super bowl era as a player and John Elway cost him at least 3 Super Bowl appearances. What is impressive is that he took 3 different franchises not noted for winning and nearly took all of them to the super bowl. The browns and the chargers haven’t won like they did with him since and the chiefs spent years sucking after Marty left until Reid arrived. He was a better coach than a lot of people who have won Super Bowls like Kubiak or Switzer.

Reactions: Plecoptera and MAD
He was one helluva coach. Overachieving and underachieving is mostly perception. I know one thing, if prime Marty Schottenheimer was hired to coach my team, I’d be pretty damn happy. RIP

VN Store

Back