RIP Jim Brown

Two very different styles. Barry's bread and butter was making the opposing player miss. Jim Brown just ran over people. Violently.

Brown was 6’2/230 and was the fastest player in the league of mainly white players. 230 was DE’s. Imagine if Myles Garrett ran a 4.25, with elite agility, played RB and you took out every black LB and DB. That’s essentially what Brown was.

Brown was 6’2/230 and was the fastest player in the league of mainly white players. 230 was DE’s. Imagine if Myles Garrett ran a 4.25, with elite agility, played RB and you took out every black LB and DB. That’s essentially what Brown was.

I don't think the DE's were even that big.

Reactions: BernardKingGOAT

What does the color of the player have to do with anything? Big, fast MFer is a big fast MFer regardless of skin pigment.

Reactions: tntar heel
What does the color of the player have to do with anything? Big, fast MFer is a big fast MFer regardless of skin pigment.

Because the nfl had limits on the amount of black players in the league so he wasn’t playing against the best competition (yes I understand the irony). Hell Washington hadn’t even integrated the team in the middle of his career. I was providing context for how dominant Brown was.

Let's be real here. If the NFL said tomorrow that teams could be no more than 20% black, the speed would definitely decrease

Because the nfl had limits on the amount of black players in the league so he wasn’t playing against the best competition (yes I understand the irony). Hell Washington hadn’t even integrated the team in the middle of his career. I was providing context for how dominant Brown was.

You could have simply said the players were much smaller and slower during JBs career compared to BSs. That would have been true regardless of integration.

Let's be real here. If the NFL said tomorrow that teams could be no more than 20% black, the speed would definitely decrease

True but football players in general were smaller and slower during Browns time compared to Sanders'. Brown was an anomaly with his size and speed.

VN Store

Back