Rickea Jackson is coming back!

Lol! I can relate. I'm holding off on the hype till I see the LVs win some big games next year.
A deep postseason (FF) run this season could change that for me though.
Don't be weak! Don't let them suck you in again! Be like me and 1908:
LIKE FOR REAL! 😂😂😂 I’m not even about to set myself up next year!

Heres the thing about next year: we cannot start fm scratch. No excuses for getting to know you time next year. This will be a very vet team with a ton of mins played together. Must pick up where we leave off this year.

And who wants to wager the schedule will be a bit easier next yr? Play Indiana OR Virginia Tech, but not both. Keep the traditional Stanford date, but let's not play UConn, esp in the middle of the SEC sched.

And yep, one more PG (and/or Jordy) and we are set. But I'm still not picking us for jack.

The frontcourt looks great, but unless Kellie can find some guards...

Exactly. I also think Rickea coming back is a part of her expanding her game even more to become more of a perimeter player. Handles/Shooting/Court vision. Next season she knows this is her team and I think we see a greater version of her and that post group just looks RIDICULOUS. If Kellie can get a guard and/or develop the ones we got… 🤌🏿

1 Guards: Powell/Wynn/Miles/Darby
2 Guards: Darby/Wynn/Pissott

You think we get Marta back and an improved and healthy Sara(ankle issues this season?) I think we have an improved team/season.

I say play them all and let the cards fall where they may,a tough schedule helps Pat Summitt scheduled anybody anywhere built character and toughness
This tough schedule is what has us dang lucky to pull off hosting by the skin of our teeth plus has us playing a #1 seed in the S16 with UConn waiting in the Elite 8. Just a slightly less arduous schedule would have prevented this huge mountain to climb.

Heres the thing about next year: we cannot start fm scratch. No excuses for getting to know you time next year. This will be a very vet team with a ton of mins played together. Must pick up where we leave off this year.

And who wants to wager the schedule will be a bit easier next yr? Play Indiana OR Virginia Tech, but not both. Keep the traditional Stanford date, but let's not play UConn, esp in the middle of the SEC sched.

And yep, one more PG (and/or Jordy) and we are set. But I'm still not picking us for jack.

The thing i hope that happens is TK getting integrated quickly next season... it should be a smoother transition that this year and i think a slightly easier schedule does that

The thing i hope that happens is TK getting integrated quickly next season... it should be a smoother transition that this year and i think a slightly easier schedule does that
The good thing about TK's comeback is named Hollingshed and Striplin. So much less pressure on TK now that they can play both alongside her and in her place. She can almost be played situationally.

The good thing about TK's comeback is named Hollingshed and Striplin. So much less pressure on TK now that they can play both alongside her and in her place. She can almost be played situationally.
TK has got to be in the range of 6-7 or 6-8. She made everyone including Hollingshed and Pissott look little in that picture at the watch party. 6-2 Sara Puckett was standing right next to her and her head was coming to her shoulder. She has also put on more of a PRO body. She is going to be tough to move around in the paint next year with Superior Length.
X3Kbw615

TK has got to be in the range of 6-7 or 6-8. She made everyone including Hollingshed and Pissott look little in that picture at the watch party. 6-2 Sara Puckett was standing right next to her and her head was coming to her shoulder. She has also put on more of a PRO body. She is going to be tough to move around in the paint next year with Superior Length.
X3Kbw615

The camera angle may be a little deceptive but I too think Tamari is closer to 6-8 than 6-6.

Experience will be the big difference. Hollingshead was so green coming in and her improvement curve has been amazing. Striplin found herself mid season. Powell will be more experience in the system. Rickea has her role nicely worked out.

Should be fun but we ain't done yet on this season.

Experience will be the big difference. Hollingshead was so green coming in and her improvement curve has been amazing. Striplin found herself mid season. Powell will be more experience in the system. Rickea has her role nicely worked out.

Should be fun but we ain't done yet on this season.
At the Pace Rickea is on, she could blow past 1400 points at Tennessee before the end of next season. What is crazy about that is that 55% efficiency working alot of the time from the wing. Depending on how well she plays and how far we get, she could end up with well over 700 this year this year in a single season.

Agree on all fronts! I will not be fooled twice.

Re the schedule: I'm pretty sure we're doing a home-and-home series with Ohio St, so they should come to Knox next season. Will be another tough game. Hopefully the turnover issue gets fixed cause we'll know after that game. Add in VT or Indiana. I'm a big fan of the Stanford game. I would like to see the UConn game get replaced with a home game for Kea and Powell in Nov or Dec. Maybe Michigan or Mich St. We could throw in a Gonzaga or Marquette. Still quality opponents. And then focus on the SEC, which will be tougher next season.

At the Pace Rickea is on, she could blow past 1400 points at Tennessee before the end of next season. What is crazy about that is that 55% efficiency working alot of the time from the wing. Depending on how well she plays and how far we get, she could end up with well over 700 this year this year in a single season.

Assuming she adds a wrinkle or two to her offensive game -- ball fake, pump fake, improved handles, etc. -- and ALSO assuming she doesn't inadvertently futz (don't know why/how she could!) with that sweet fade-away mid-ranger she already has, the sky's the limit for Rickea. I mean, how in the heck would anyone stop an improved Rickea Jackson?! 😲

Of course, we all know how the most naturally gifted athletes can sometimes think they don't really need to put in as much extra gym time, but I'm going to be hoping Rickea is mature enough to understand just how unbelievably good she can be with a Parker and Catchings-level work ethic. Those two were always the first ones in the gym, and the last ones to think they'd already become good enough. They both understood their gift was in their willingness to do MORE.

Oh, Rickea, how I want that for you -- and for Tennessee!

BANG!!!!! me too.

HAH! I will go where others fear to tread. Next season, LVs will steam roll all oppistion in route to an undefeated NA season, with an average margin of victory of +25, and 3 first team All-Americans. Pundits will proclaim them to be the greatest women''s team in history.
And in the midst of all this success, certain VN posters will complain that the LVs only beat the teams they were supposed to be beat while others will argue that it was just a down year for women's b-ball and that the future looks really grim from Kellie.

This sounds eerily familiar I'm afraid. I don't care who comes back, I'm picking us dead last in everything next yr lol. Not going there again!

Remember that today is not tomorrow. Keep it positive. They didn't do well this yr because key & Marta left early, but u can't use that to judge next yr.

Reactions: youcancallmeAl

I would play VT, INDY, of course Stanford, Uconn... VT loses Kitley and even if she stayed TK shout her down even with the Blood Clots she only had like 9pts and Indy loses there there inside girl and that guard cause they are in there 5th covid year now they came back.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I would play VT, INDY, of course Stanford, Uconn... VT loses Kitley and even if she stayed TK shout her down even with the Blood Clots she only had like 9pts and Indy loses there there inside girl and that guard cause they are in there 5th covid year now they came back.
Mackenzie Holms is coming back to Indiana for a 5th year. I think they return all their starters except for Grace Berger.

With Horston likely not coming back would like to see them recruit another athletic player that can compliment Rickea so she won't get double teamed all the time like she teamed with Horston. I don't see anyone on the team right now that can play like that. And no I don't expect them to find another Horston.

Reactions: Dansky
Pretty sure Berger will be eligible for social security next year. (Okay, so it just SEEMS like she's been there 44 years!) 😂
Indiana likes their senior citizen players. Berger has been there forever, but not as long as 47-year old Ali Patburg was...

Reactions: lvocd

VN Store

Back