Rick Barnes has emerged as a serious candidate the for UCLA job, reportedly has interviewed

I am friends with multiple players so my sources are actually real. With that being said, there was no team meeting tonight and the only team meeting they have coming up is the annual end of season team meeting scheduled this week. Stop believing everyone and their sister.

seems credible to me...now share more!

Jim-may Hyams said Barnes addressed the team around 5pm, said the only reason to do that was to say g'bye. Damn. So I tended to some chores, and just now checked in to have the bad news confirmed.

Now wait a sec. If Barnes met with the team.....unless everyone surrendered their phones, somebody would've revealed SOMETHING. 3-4 hrs ago.

Is Jim-may Brohming this thing up again?
Jimbo also said an announcement was going to be made early afternoon at the latest. He has no clue what is going on. No meeting today/tonight between the players and coaches.

Reactions: Cobb-Webb 1989
Feel free to find the post where I said that.

Never said you did. I merely intimated that you start since you think so highly of Bruce and UCLA (the fit would be better as well). Once you have to explain the sarcasm, just go with fence post.

Adding to this, the players will find out first. Not these local media guys who think they know what’s going on. I honestly don’t expect to hear anything break tonight with the title game going on.

Ideally the players hear it first but I would say that isn't always the case

Ideally the players hear it first but I would say that isn't always the case
Very true. But this team is a family and I really think he wants his guys knowing what’s going on before they see it on social media. Just my opinion on this situation.

Very true. But this team is a family and I really think he wants his guys knowing what’s going on before they see it on social media. Just my opinion on this situation.

I am certain Barnes wants them
To know first but I am also certain he didn't want this news out there until he decided either

I am friends with multiple players so my sources are actually real. With that being said, there was no team meeting tonight and the only team meeting they have coming up is the annual end of season team meeting scheduled this week. Stop believing everyone and their sister.

So Jimmy was...wrong?

Barnes buy out was too low compare to top 25 coaches so make sense UCLA went after him and his bonus last year of $125K was low ball for winning the conference and going to the dance for 1st time in a while (don't know if there are any perks).

Jim-may Hyams said Barnes addressed the team around 5pm, said the only reason to do that was to say g'bye. Damn. So I tended to some chores, and just now checked in to have the bad news confirmed.

Now wait a sec. If Barnes met with the team.....unless everyone surrendered their phones, somebody would've revealed SOMETHING. 3-4 hrs ago.

Is Jim-may Brohming this thing up again?

Did you actually listen to him on the radio? Are you re-stating what someone else told you? Or are you stupid and/or purposely trying to misrepresent somebody?

Hyams, in the past has indicated that he doesn't officially report on anything unless he has confirmation from three sources.

Today, on the radio, he said that there might be a meeting being assembled with the players, but he could not confirm if that was true. He then said, that if there was a meeting, it wouldn't look good for Rick Barnes staying. This is because it would be more likely that the meeting would be to inform the players first of his departure, than it would be that he was announcing he was going to stay.

Barnes buy out was too low compare to top 25 coaches so make sense UCLA went after him and his bonus last year of $125K was low ball for winning the conference and going to the dance for 1st time in a while (don't know if there are any perks).
Buyout is $5mil and what is your definition of "a while"?

Reactions: Cobb-Webb 1989
That “news” about the team meeting got me wondering: If it really isn’t about the money, what do you say to the team you recruited and coached? “So... I don’t think you guys will ever be able to win anything, so Ima go somewhere else now... k, bye.”

VN Store

Back