Rick Barnes has emerged as a serious candidate the for UCLA job, reportedly has interviewed

The fact that this is out and public is a little odd. At this point with everything out there I think Barnes is gone. How can he come back when it's been made public he has one foot out the door.

If it wasn't a sour relationship before it sure would be now. I think this is likely done and just the details remain.

Reactions: Big time vol
Basilo is reporting the UCLA has offered him $5M based + bonus. Also UT buyout is 1 million per year not $5M at once...

lol no it isn't. How high do you think taxes in CA are?
State income tax and cost of living...id say that 8 mil gets you a decent home but nothing like here and well 7% state tax income...property tax close to 40%....utilities are pretty high...goods and services about 30-50% higher....so I’d say 8mil there translates to about 4.5 mil here

I'm honestly surprised Barnes would even consider staying here regardless of the dealings....

Like its UCLA. Go turn the blue blood around and get paid.

Reactions: Vols410
State income tax and cost of living...id say that 8 mil gets you a decent home but nothing like here and well 7% state tax income...property tax close to 40%....utilities are pretty high...goods and services about 30-50% higher....so I’d say 8mil there translates to about 4.5 mil here

No state has a 40% property tax. That would be a $400,000 annual tax on a $1 million home.

John Finestein (sp) was on 104.5 The Zone just now. Said its not about money, to include money about assistants. It's the draw of UCLA being a Blue Blood and that he could end his career as the one to "bring them back."

It's not been mentioned but you can bet Barnes is going to what he feels the Good Lord wants him to do

I had a wise Christian man tell me once " if you are really looking to do Gods will always pray before money is discussed when looking at a career change". That way the money does not influence your decision.

I understand that is against the worldly way of doing things.

Reactions: JacketVol

VN Store

Back