Rick Barnes gets emotional

Absolutely heartbreaking for a bunch of great young men having their Elite Eight appearance stolen from them at the last second by bad officiating.

All that hard work and determination makes this one of the best basketball teams we’ve had in a long time.

Barnes is a great coach.

See ya’ll next year.

Go Vols!

We can only hope to replicate this team, not only in terms of on court success, but off court character, leadership, and work ethic. People these days will tell you those last three things don't matter as long as you win, but I disagree. To me, winning doesn't matter if you achieve it dishonestly or with kids who don't respect the game by not giving their all and being good examples on the court and in the community. A lot of the things I will remember most about these guys have little to do with basketball. They embody what college athletics are all about, and I am pulling for them in their future endeavors because they deserve success.

Can't ultimately blame the refs this time. They didn't help, but hit free throws and we win the game...Plain and simple. You can blame missed free throws and Ryan Cline.

Yes you can.

You don’t make that last second foul call in a game situation like that. Especially since Edwards kicked his leg out resulting in contact.

Turner just played great defense on that play.

What a video.. We have one class act of a coach. Touching to see the love he has for these young men and how he went to each senior and gave a hug. Thank you to the seniors along with the rest of the team for giving us some of the most exciting basketball in the history of UT basketball. Hate that we stopped here in the tourney, but look forward to the future of our men's basketball. SO PROUD TO BE A TENNESSEE VOL.

Yes you can.

You don’t make that last second foul call in a game situation like that. Especially since Edwards kicked his leg out resulting in contact.

I agree, that was a horrendous call. Wouldn't have been in that position in the first place though if we had made our free throws throughout the game.

Yes you can.

I've never understood the "it was a bad call but you can't really blame the refs cause we should've played better" crowd. It doesn't make any sense. Listen... If you want think the foul was the right call then okay. I can't remember the last time I've disagreed with anything more but I can at least accept that. In that case, yes... You can't blame the loss on the refs.

But if you think the call was bad (which it no doubt was) then that's just an asinine stance. The simple fact is, regardless of what happened previously, we did enough to win (minus that terrible call we're up 2 with the ball and 1.7 seconds left). Now if we do everything else right, we might have won by a dozen or more instead of 2. But last time I checked scoring 2 more points still wins you the game. Which would've been the almost undeniable result prior to that terrible call.

We can only hope to replicate this team, not only in terms of on court success, but off court character, leadership, and work ethic. People these days will tell you those last three things don't matter as long as you win, but I disagree. To me, winning doesn't matter if you achieve it dishonestly or with kids who don't respect the game by not giving their all and being good examples on the court and in the community. A lot of the things I will remember most about these guys have little to do with basketball. They embody what college athletics are all about, and I am pulling for them in their future endeavors because they deserve success.
AMEN.

Reactions: StrangeVol
There are always plays that matter in a game and the toughest part for me was all the missed free throws in the first half. We should've won the game just by making a few of those misses. You also have to congratulate Purdue for an excellent performance as a team when does a guy make 7 of 10 three pointers and he kept them for going under when we were on our run. Love our team hope all the underclassmen come back and if not let's see who we have and can get to have another great season next year.

Reactions: OrangenSC and TC 83
I'm honestly sick of people blaming the ref for the last play. If you ask me Turner bodied him after the shot prior to landing. That's a foul all day and you would be furious if it was at the other end. AI hate it just as much as anyone but come on.

Reactions: Mtnvol80

VN Store

Back