Rick Barnes discussion [merged]

If this swoon continues (it will) time to start thinking about Barnes’ exit plan. Thank him for what he did for the program, but I could get behind an offensive minded, hungry, younger coach with success at a mid major program. We know exactly what we have with the staff we have now and at the end of the day Round of 32 exits don’t mean a whole lot.

If this swoon continues (it will) time to start thinking about Barnes’ exit plan. Thank him for what he did for the program, but I could get behind an offensive minded, hungry, younger coach with success at a mid major program. We know exactly what we have with the staff we have now and at the end of the day around of 32 exits don’t mean a whole lot.
Tennessee will allow him to pick the time he retires,they will not fire him. I think it's possible he retires after the season if the collapse continues and like I said earlier I don't think he's hungry anymore.

Reactions: VOLnVANDYland
1. Barnes makes no in game adjustments
2. Pearl coaches circles around Barnes
3. Barnes should apologize to the fans or at least accept the blame for the way his team has been performing instead of blaming the players
4. Barnes is set in his ways and is too stubborn to make adjustments
5. Pearl is Barnes daddy

Barnes teams wind up all playing with no chemistry and effort the later the season goes. Except for the Grant and Admiral team. Should've let him go to UCLA. He hit his ceiling here.

be very very very careful what you wish for. If what he’s given us is his ceiling that’s plenty better what history has shown us this program is capable of doing.

Well, Barnes is a decent coach and a very good PR person . A good rep for the school.

We will have to be content with an average of 20-22 wins per season, a trip to SEC semi-finals, and a single win in NCAAT.

That is what we will see with an occasional 24 win season and possibly an occasional round of 32.

It is what it is, boring basketball with occasional better than average season.

Reactions: 1985Vols
1. Barnes makes no in game adjustments
2. Pearl coaches circles around Barnes
3. Barnes should apologize to the fans or at least accept the blame for the way his team has been performing instead of blaming the players
4. Barnes is set in his ways and is too stubborn to make adjustments
5. Pearl is Barnes daddy
You're enjoying yourself.

be very very very careful what you wish for. If what he’s given us is his ceiling that’s plenty better what history has shown us this program is capable of doing.

I like danny white's basketball hires.

Good thing for those of us who aren't reactionaries that you aren't making any of the decisions
May be overboard, but I will say that UT has done something that I thought nobody could ever do since I became a UT fan in the 70's......I think I have lost interest in college sports all together :confused: Congrats!!!!

200w.gif

VN Store

Back