Rick Barnes discussion [merged]

One thing. BELMONT is kicking azz in their League, and the Most CONSISTENT team (Sans Gonzaga) in America. Worth keeping in the Rolodex.

I have a hard time watching the game. The team is boring to watch. Coach is teaching team each possession. It's pass, pass, pass and the team seems out of the flow. Basketball the old school way will not be great. I see too much control with every possession. It takes some time to get the players out of the me, me, me, dribble, dribble, dribble, shoot, shoot, shoot mentality. It's a big jump from hs to college. UT does not have the best talent when competing so be it. I am still a fan of "Donnieball" but the NCAA billionaires beg to differ. In Alabama they call it "Sabanball" but that's not an NCAA problem. Go Vols.

I have a hard time watching the game. The team is boring to watch. Coach is teaching team each possession. It's pass, pass, pass and the team seems out of the flow. Basketball the old school way will not be great. I see too much control with every possession. It takes some time to get the players out of the me, me, me, dribble, dribble, dribble, shoot, shoot, shoot mentality. It's a big jump from hs to college. UT does not have the best talent when competing so be it. I am still a fan of "Donnieball" but the NCAA billionaires beg to differ. In Alabama they call it "Sabanball" but that's not an NCAA problem. Go Vols.
"Donnie" had to be fun to play for. The outfit, orange blazer, and white tennis shoes had to keep the players lose. Can you picture him with the mask. The team today seems tight, rigid, controlled, negative, passive, hesitant, out of sync, too much military.

I think the sentiment has been expressed adequately but I’ll say it too....hahahaha...this can’t be serious? Volnation is soooo predictable!

Reactions: kbowersjr
Tennessee has major talent deficiencies outside of Johnson and Springer and they are both freshmen. Pons and Fulky are overachievers, but are very limited.
Please explain how Pons is "limited". When has he not impacted a game he has played when at 100%.

Soooooo........just trying to understand what is happening in this thread from OP. Now that we've made a decent DC hire and there isnt much to whine about football wise right now, we grasp at straws of things to complain about and the first one you come up with is firing a #16 ranked Tennessee coach who has a pretty good winning record right now?...........I mean........this is one of the only decent teams we have on campus right now, this argument makes absolutely no sense.

It's not really and argument. More like projectile vomiting 🤮 coming forth with sound effects.

VN Store

Back