Richard Jackson pls...

zachpack

I would love seeing Richard Jackson pitch more. If baseball is about results...getting people out...why isn’t he pitching more? Not tall enough? Doesn’t throw fast enough? I don’t get it. Baseball coaches get so caught up in velo and “looking” the part that they miss the big picture of success.

I read D1 baseball’s articles about “over 95” list, the over 100mph guys etc. So what?! Those guys typically are walking guys right and left and getting hammered. How about a list of guys that get people out and get RESULTS without losing games. I hear our own coach talk about guys that will be in the bigs etc but in reality aren’t having great results. It’s like having a Porsche that breaks down after 20 miles and you have to get towed. Looks nice, drives great when it runs but I’d prefer my 2003 Camry that I know will get me to the store and back. Heflin is in the same category. I’ll take either, thank you.

I would love seeing Richard Jackson pitch more. If baseball is about results...getting people out...why isn’t he pitching more? Not tall enough? Doesn’t throw fast enough? I don’t get it. Baseball coaches get so caught up in velo and “looking” the part that they miss the big picture of success.

I read D1 baseball’s articles about “over 95” list, the over 100mph guys etc. So what?! Those guys typically are walking guys right and left and getting hammered. How about a list of guys that get people out and get RESULTS without losing games. I hear our own coach talk about guys that will be in the bigs etc but in reality aren’t having great results. It’s like having a Porsche that breaks down after 20 miles and you have to get towed. Looks nice, drives great when it runs but I’d prefer my 2003 Camry that I know will get me to the store and back. Heflin is in the same category. I’ll take either, thank you.
I agree with you completely. That is why I wondered earlier this season why Hunley wasn’t in or considered for the weekend rotation, especially after how he moved up the ranks and finished in the SEC last year. I agree, he doesn’t throw 95 (upper 80s I think). But I have been to many games in Knoxville and I try to sit behind the plate most of the time. He seems to have pinpoint accuracy and knows how to pitch. Like Jackson, he just gets people out. I just went back and looked. He has a record of 11-3 since coming to UT and ERA close to 2.50. Anyway, like you I would also like to see Jackson throw more....because throwing 97 doesn’t matter if you cant get people out.

Reactions: zachpack

Greg Maddox fastball topped out at about 89-90 mph, and he did alright. Wasn't 6' plus either.

Reactions: zachpack

VN Store

Back