Rich and Grant

Awesome seeing some of our guys play in the league. Can only help the program.

Back in the day it seemed we were fortunate to have one former Vol during each generation to enjoy watching in the NBA. King, Ellis, and Houston are the only ones I recall.

On another note...I wish the Celtics would get away from the gold trim on the unis and go back to just green and white.

Back in the day it seemed we were fortunate to have one former Vol during each generation to enjoy watching in the NBA. King, Ellis, and Houston are the only ones I recall.

On another note...I wish the Celtics would get away from the gold trim on the unis and go back to just green and white.
Ernie Grunfeld and CJ Watson

Last edited:

Grunfeld played 7-8 years. Reggie Johnson played about 10.

Grunfeld played 7-8 years. Reggie Johnson played about 10.
Forgot about both of those guys. Unfortunately I wasn’t old enough to recall Ernie and Bernie at UT and only vaguely remember Bernie being a star in the NBA.

iIRC, I think I saw him play in an exhibition with the Bullets (maybe) during the first year of the TBA?

My first memories of UT b-ball are with Reggie Johnson, Howard Wood, etc.

Reactions: BigDave
I’d always use the Knicks back in the day playing NBA games on PlayStation because he was the only UT player most seasons. I’d just shoot 50 3’s a game with him lol.

These days you could build an entire roster with UT players. What a time to be alive!

You know those leprechauns and rainbows just about demand it

VN Store

Back