Revised Rivals basketball...#2 w/ 2 5 stars

njvols

Maybe it's been posted, but looks like we're now #2 in Rivals w/ Johnson getting huge bump to #17 national rank. Don't think we've ever had two five star signees...while also chasing some other highly touted players for this class...should be, by far, our highest basketball recruiting class ever. $5MM man is doing some work!
2020 Team Rankings

Not in the same class, but I think stokes and hubbs were the last time we had two five stars on one team.

Ramar Smith, 2006 Shooting guard - Rivals.com

Duke Crews, 2006 Power forward - Rivals.com

Both were 5 stars hopefully we don't have the same outcome with Johnson and Walker which i highly doubt will happen.

Don't see that happening. Ramar Smith was a 5 star, but was not a good shooter, mostly a driver and distributor. Duke Crews was used mainly as an undersized Center. I think the skill sets of Johnson and Walker will by far outshine what Smith and Crews were able to do, and this is partly by how the coach utilized these players.

Reactions: VOLINVONORE
Maybe it's been posted, but looks like we're now #2 in Rivals w/ Johnson getting huge bump to #17 national rank. Don't think we've ever had two five star signees...while also chasing some other highly touted players for this class...should be, by far, our highest basketball recruiting class ever. $5MM man is doing some work!
2020 Team Rankings
Fake news (according to Big Ziti)

You’d have to think this perks up other recruits. You know how these guys want to be part of something. A solid PG and post need to jump on board and complete this thing.
I think you're right on this. Just like it has evolved to in the NBA, players want to build the dream team... glad we are in the mix

I am really starting to believe UT ends up signing Springer, for some reason, now. That would make three 5 stars. Plus, I'm at the point where I think UT, also signs Cardwell or PJ Hall. Rick Barnes could possibly end up with a top 3 recruiting class, which would amazingly match his top 3 contract. I would say that may shut some people up. But, in reality, I know better

I am really starting to believe UT ends up signing Springer, for some reason, now. That would make three 5 stars. Plus, I'm at the point where I think UT, also signs Cardwell or PJ Hall. Rick Barnes could possibly end up with a top 3 recruiting class, which would amazingly match his top 3 contract. I would say that may shut some people up. But, in reality, I know better

It definitely seems like we are in way too good of shape with Jaden Springer, Cam Hayes, PJ Hall and Dylan Cardwell to not land at least 1 of those guys...any of them would be great additions to the class.

VN Store

Back