Resident Evil: Village (PS4, PS5, XBox One, Series X)

KnoxRealtorVOL

First of his name
Downloaded last night for PS5. Anyone else started playing yet?

Only got about 30 minutes in, but it is certainly a graphical masterpiece. Gameplay seems about the same as RE7, though all reviews say it’s much more action packed.

Going to start downloading on lunch. Chose RE8 over Returnal, keeping my fingers crossed that it's good.

I've never played any games in the series but it looks solid.

giphy.gif

I finally played Resident Evil 7 last year and have to say it was one of the best games I've played in a looooong time.

I'm sure I will get around to playing this one as well. From what I have seen it looks good.

Reactions: CubsFanTN
I finally played Resident Evil 7 last year and have to say it was one of the best games I've played in a looooong time.

I'm sure I will get around to playing this one as well. From what I have seen it looks good.
I went to buy RE8 last week and saw there was a bundle deal to get RE7/RE8 for 79.99, so I pulled the trigger. As soon as it finished downloading I saw that RE7 was free for PS Plus. :rolleyes: I heard it's an amazing experience though.

RE7 is free? Might load it up. I'm like Freak; I've never played any RE game.

Actually, I did try an early one. I don't think you could move while shooting. I immediately quit.

RE7 is free? Might load it up. I'm like Freak; I've never played any RE game.

Actually, I did try an early one. I don't think you could move while shooting. I immediately quit.
It's one of the PS Plus Collection free games, I think it's been on there since the PS5 release, but I had never noticed it.

Reactions: DrRosenRosen
It's one of the PS Plus Collection free games, I think it's been on there since the PS5 release, but I had never noticed it.
Are you sure it isn’t on the PlayStation now? I can’t find it for free anywhere on the PlayStation store and I have ps+.

Grab the RE1 revamped version that came out on xbox and cube if you can. One of the best games of all time and this version takes the original and actually makes it a million times better.

Reactions: Freak
Just beat it. It was very fun! It's crazy how different each section feels from each other at times, they really have a different type of horror for each area in a way. Best main series RE game since 4 not counting RE 2 Remake which is of course amazing as well.

Solid 9/10 territory

RE7 was pretty good but it was front heavy. After a certain part it becomes kinda stale. Happy to say this game stays pretty interesting all the way through

Just beat it. It was very fun! It's crazy how different each section feels from each other at times, they really have a different type of horror for each area in a way. Best main series RE game since 4 not counting RE 2 Remake which is of course amazing as well.

Solid 9/10 territory

I am entering the area of the 4th “boss” I guess you would call it. He put up big yellow “this way” signs in the village and I’m working through kind of a medieval looking area where waves of Lycan’s keep coming. How close am I to the end?

I am entering the area of the 4th “boss” I guess you would call it. He put up big yellow “this way” signs in the village and I’m working through kind of a medieval looking area where waves of Lycan’s keep coming. How close am I to the end?

Pretty close. One more main area to explore before the final stretch.

One more main area after this one, then the final stretch? Or this is the last main area, then the final stretch?

You have the 4ths bosses "factory" to go through which is basically the final area then after that there's like an hour or so blitz to the final boss. That's the best I can say without being to spoilery

Finished this. Really solid game, I wish it was twice as long.

Now I gotta figure out what I’m playing next, PS5 options are still quite scarce.

VN Store

Back