Resident Evil 3 Remake.

Looks great. Releasing barely a year after RE 2. They must have been working on them simultaneously.

Reactions: UTK
Looks great. Releasing barely a year after RE 2. They must have been working on them simultaneously.

Probably could easily reuse a ton of assets. Hell the police station they could just copy and paste over basically. So I can see how it was a quick time window. The thing I look forward to the most is to see how Nemesis works, I expect Mr. X on steroids basically. They'll have to of added a Sprint feature as Nemesis runs after you whereas Mr X only walks.

The Mr. X chasing made me pretty nervous; I can't imagine how Nemesis will be. And he even would pursue you in the original game, Mr. X only had scripted times in the original and you'd lose him as soon as you made it to the next room. Also in the original RE3 it had distinctive music that played when Nemesis was near and even though you were safe in a safe room, the music would still play and he'd be waiting for you when you came out.

Can't wait.

I'm hoping they will do Code Veronica next.

I think CV would be a success, especially if RE3 is another big seller/critical darling for Capcom. It seems they've got a winning formula with this engine and gameplay.

My dream RE game is an open-world Raccoon City that is true survival horror. Give us parts of the mansion, the Arklay Mountains, and the actual city itself, and you're just fighting to survive and scrounge up supplies/resources. Basically, GTA V + Resident Evil + The Long Dark. If that's too ambitious, I think just a survival horror game set in the Arklay Mountains would be awesome. Sort of Alan Wake-esque.

Reactions: NEO
I think CV would be a success, especially if RE3 is another big seller/critical darling for Capcom. It seems they've got a winning formula with this engine and gameplay.

My dream RE game is an open-world Raccoon City that is true survival horror. Give us parts of the mansion, the Arklay Mountains, and the actual city itself, and you're just fighting to survive and scrounge up supplies/resources. Basically, GTA V + Resident Evil + The Long Dark. If that's too ambitious, I think just a survival horror game set in the Arklay Mountains would be awesome. Sort of Alan Wake-esque.

I would likely play that to death.

Personally I think they should redo CV next, then after that maybe remake many of the lesser known RE games, like Suvivor on the PlayStation, Dead Aim on the PS2, and the Outbreak games on the PS2.

I would likely play that to death.

Personally I think they should redo CV next, then after that maybe remake many of the lesser known RE games, like Suvivor on the PlayStation, Dead Aim on the PS2, and the Outbreak games on the PS2.

I'm a hardcore RE fan, but I really don't get the love the Outbreak games get? They were watered down versions of normal RE games with an "online" gimmick in an era nobody played console games online. Now granted, the concept would work well now I think, but people love those games to death but they were pretty awful at the time. Lol.

Dead Aim isnt that bad, a lot of people never played it because they remember how bad Survivor was on the PS1.

Honestly, I don't think CV needs a remake any time soon. But CV may be my least favorite of the main games....so could be why I feel that way. I would still be hyped and play it though. I hope they move forward with RE 8 afterwards. 7 was a pleasant surprise even though the second half of the game was kinda a bore. I have high hopes for the future of the franchise in general though.

I'm a hardcore RE fan, but I really don't get the love the Outbreak games get? They were watered down versions of normal RE games with an "online" gimmick in an era nobody played console games online. Now granted, the concept would work well now I think, but people love those games to death but they were pretty awful at the time. Lol.

Dead Aim isnt that bad, a lot of people never played it because they remember how bad Survivor was on the PS1.

Honestly, I don't think CV needs a remake any time soon. But CV may be my least favorite of the main games....so could be why I feel that way. I would still be hyped and play it though. I hope they move forward with RE 8 afterwards. 7 was a pleasant surprise even though the second half of the game was kinda a bore. I have high hopes for the future of the franchise in general though.

I think people liked the idea of the Outbreak games more than the actual games. And I think they get praised more becasue even though they aren't great they at least tried to be an online RE game. The later mulitplayer gams like Operation Raccoon City and Umbrealla Corps fans hate because they are more like multiplayer shooters and not RE. And the new one they are making doesn't look much better.

If they did Outbreak now, it would work a whole lot better and I think that's what fans want.

I don’t know why no one is asking for a full on RE1 remake. That mansion with today’s graphics would be a blast I think.

Probably because the 2002 Remake that they gave an HD remaster still holds up pretty well.

It really does. Especially the HD versions now. I still play it and the game looks great. It'll never age imo.

But I would be super curious to play RE 1 in the style of the remake of 2. I think it would be worth making.

Not RE3 or RE but sort of related, apparently Capcom might be bringing back Dino Crisis.

Not RE3 or RE but sort of related, apparently Capcom might be bringing back Dino Crisis.

I just saw that. I mean it's pretty note worthy, Dino Crisis was straight up Resident Evil with dinosaurs. I could imagine it working well with the new RE engine. Capcom just cashing in on everybody's nostalgia lol

I just saw that. I mean it's pretty note worthy, Dino Crisis was straight up Resident Evil with dinosaurs. I could imagine it working well with the new RE engine. Capcom just cashing in on everybody's nostalgia lol

The first one is great, second one is not as good but still a good game.

The 3rd one that many don't even know about is straight garbage.

How could you not like dinosaurs in space? lmao jk its garbage

The story itself is stupid and instead of following up on DC 2 (which kind of had a cliffhanger), they do that. But even then it could have worked if they didn't make the worst camera and control system I've ever played.

Looks pretty awesome.

I really do hope they keep it going and redo Code Veronica next.

The hunters look terrifying, and Nemesis looks good imo. Some people seem to not like his design much for whatever reason, but looks awesome to me.

The hunters look terrifying, and Nemesis looks good imo. Some people seem to not like his design much for whatever reason, but looks awesome to me.

I thought he looked silly in the still images and promotional art but he looks good in-game. This is gonna be great.

VN Store

Back