Report: Why Cade Mays hasn't received answer on NCAA appeal

I think this is what many didn't realize.

Now that it is realized, why was it not filed earlier? Someone forgot? Were they busy picking out Covid masks? Was the application laying under the bottle of hand sanitizer? Too bad Ringling Brothers shut down. UT could send in a steady stream of candidates to the Clown college.

Last edited:
Totally up in air. It’s NCAA! No rhyme or reason.
price

I can’t speak for others but the expectation internally as far as I know remains he will get cleared and be eligible.

The obvious caveat is it’s the NCAA though and they can be unpredictable with these transfer waivers as we have seen before.
p.brown

Reactions: Joe Dirt
Someone on one of Hubbs podcasts...can't recall who...said UT really thought the one time transfer was a done deal. Mentioned a ton of paperwork that these appeals require. I interpreted that as somewhat lazy or not wanting to pay the legal fees of preparing an appeal assuming the legal folks do it? Either way I don't see how you don't cover your bases and have that appeal in on day one. Then again it's becoming pretty clear that we're not starting the season on time anyway.

Someone on one of Hubbs podcasts...can't recall who...said UT really thought the one time transfer was a done deal. Mentioned a ton of paperwork that these appeals require. I interpreted that as somewhat lazy or not wanting to pay the legal fees of preparing an appeal assuming the legal folks do it? Either way I don't see how you don't cover your bases and have that appeal in on day one. Then again it's becoming pretty clear that we're not starting the season on time anyway.
You don’t put paperwork in for something if you think a one time transfer is going to go through. Also, none of this factors into him being able to practice so it is honestly not an issue. He is going to practice no matter what. They will practice him like he is going to start until they get a decision.

Also, they probably had to tailor their paperwork a little bit with Cades former lawyer now working on the committee. So, it’s not a big deal. It will make it through. I don’t think UT has lost one of these battles yet.

Also, the season will start on time lol and possibly even ahead of time.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
EXPECT to hear of this being approved tomorrow

or later in the week

next week, maybe

we'll see

okay, don't hold your breath :p

Reactions: Wireless1
IIRC the NCAA announced in late April they would not be voting on the one time transfer rule in May. Why did it take so long for UT to submit the paperwork?

Reactions: Purple Tiger
You don’t put paperwork in for something if you think a one time transfer is going to go through. Also, none of this factors into him being able to practice so it is honestly not an issue. He is going to practice no matter what. They will practice him like he is going to start until they get a decision.

Also, they probably had to tailor their paperwork a little bit with Cades former lawyer now working on the committee. So, it’s not a big deal. It will make it through. I don’t think UT has lost one of these battles yet.

Also, the season will start on time lol and possibly even ahead of time.

Let me finish this for you...

...lol I have no clue if the season is gonna start on time, ahead of time or at all, but I know for a fact that everything else I stated as fact is probably close to fact. I'm pretty sure.

Let me finish this for you...

...lol I have no clue if the season is gonna start on time, ahead of time or at all, but I know for a fact that everything else I stated as fact is probably close to fact. I'm pretty sure.
Why thank you Behr, suppose that’s why this is a message board amirite? It’s a board of speculation.

Regarding Cade it has already been stated “not by me” but media sources that Tennessee thought the one time transfer rule was going to happen. By bad luck on Cade’s part his lawyer was scooped up by the very people who review waivers. Having worked with lawyers especially good lawyers they are going to utilize the most recent “case law” and in this case “accepted waivers” (2020) to build Cade’s argument so that is more likely to get passed.

For Tennessee winning waivers I don’t think since Jeremy Pruitt has been coach they have lost a single eligibility waiver case. Could be wrong but I think the UT Lawyers are 100% on them in that timeframe.

As for the season, everything is pointing to the Season starting on time. Some schools have even moved their schedules up earlier. See Oklahoma.

So while not all of this should be construed as facts (I’m not an insider) I believe my post was relevant and gives my view point on the situations and my thoughts on what will happen.

Again, thank you Behr.

Why thank you Behr, suppose that’s why this is a message board amirite? It’s a board of speculation.

Regarding Cade it has already been stated “not by me” but media sources that Tennessee thought the one time transfer rule was going to happen. By bad luck on Cade’s part his lawyer was scooped up by the very people who review waivers. Having worked with lawyers especially good lawyers they are going to utilize the most recent “case law” and in this case “accepted waivers” (2020) to build Cade’s argument so that is more likely to get passed.

For Tennessee winning waivers I don’t think since Jeremy Pruitt has been coach they have lost a single eligibility waiver case. Could be wrong but I think the UT Lawyers are 100% on them in that timeframe.

As for the season, everything is pointing to the Season starting on time. Some schools have even moved their schedules up earlier. See Oklahoma.

So while not all of this should be construed as facts (I’m not an insider) I believe my post was relevant and gives my view point on the situations and my thoughts on what will happen.

Again, thank you Behr.
I sure hope this is not a case of the announcer's jinx. :oops:

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
You guys really bring up an interesting scenario. What if we just play him? Would that just be a minor violation? Honestly, it seems like the NCAA has bigger fish to fry these days then worrying about UT and a transfer.

Whatever the time frame is that would seem to put UT at a competitive disadvantage while approving it, that's what the NCAA will do.

Is the NCAA a thing still? IF this season is only semi-sanctioned just play him.

You guys really bring up an interesting scenario. What if we just play him? Would that just be a minor violation? Honestly, it seems like the NCAA has bigger fish to fry these days then worrying about UT and a transfer.
Forfeit for playing an ineligible player.

Hopefully by Oct.10, Game #4, the Vols will find out if Cade Mays is going to be Eligible for this season!!!!!
Jeeeez!

VN Store

Back